Fax: (404) 727-9198
Article first published online: 26 JAN 2004
Published 2004 by the American Cancer Society
Volume 100, Issue 5, pages 883–891, 1 March 2004
How to Cite
Howard, D. H., Molinari, N.-A. and Thorpe, K. E. (2004), National estimates of medical costs incurred by nonelderly cancer patients. Cancer, 100: 883–891. doi: 10.1002/cncr.20063
This article is a U.S. Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of the Centers for Disease Control or the U.S. Government.
- Issue published online: 18 FEB 2004
- Article first published online: 26 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Received: 15 AUG 2003
- Commonwealth Fund (New York, New York)
- 2The economic burden of cancer. In: GreenwaldP, KramerBS, WeedDL, editors. Cancer prevention and control. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1995: 69–81., .
- 4Estimating health care costs related to cancer treatment from SEER-Medicare data. Med Care. 2002; 40(8 Suppl ): IV-104–IV-117., , , .
- 5Comparing Medicare and private health insurance spending. Washington, DC: Heritage Foundation, 2003., .
- 6Beneath the averages: an analysis of Medicare and private expenditures. Washington, DC: Kaiser Family Foundation, 1999..
- 7Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Assessing payment adequacy and updating payments in fee-for-service Medicare. In: Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Report to the Congress: Medicare payment policy (March 2003). Washington, DC: Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, 2003: 27–52.
- 8Health insurance and spending among cancer patients. Health Aff (Millwood). 2003; W3: 189–198., .
- 11Sample design of the 1997 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey household component. Methodology Report No. 11. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2000..
- 18Statistical Research and Applications Branch, National Cancer Institute. Cancer Prevalence Database [data base online]. Available from URL: http://srab.cancer.gov/prevalence/canques.html [accessed February 27, 2003].