Fax: (713) 745-1163
Preoperative induction of CPT-11 and cisplatin chemotherapy followed by chemoradiotherapy in patients with locoregional carcinoma of the esophagus or gastroesophageal junction
Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2004
Copyright © 2004 American Cancer Society
Volume 100, Issue 11, pages 2347–2354, 1 June 2004
How to Cite
Ajani, J. A., Walsh, G., Komaki, R., Morris, J., Swisher, S. G., Putnam, J. B., Lynch, P. M., Wu, T.-T., Smythe, R., Vaporciyan, A., Faust, J., Cohen, D. S., Nivers, R. and Roth, J. A. (2004), Preoperative induction of CPT-11 and cisplatin chemotherapy followed by chemoradiotherapy in patients with locoregional carcinoma of the esophagus or gastroesophageal junction. Cancer, 100: 2347–2354. doi: 10.1002/cncr.20284
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2004
- Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAR 2004
- Pfizer Oncology and Rivercreek Foundation
- Capporella, Smith, Dallas, and Cantu families
- 1American Cancer Society. Esophageal cancer. Available from URL: http://www.cancer.org/downloads/PRO/EsophagealCancer.pdf [accessed April 21, 2004].
- 2American Cancer Society. Estimated new cancer cases and deaths, by sex, US 2003. Available from URL: http://www.cancer.org/downloads/STT/CAFF2003PWsecured.pdf [accessed April 21, 2004].
- 6Randomized trial of preoperative chemoradiation versus surgery alone in patients with local-regional esophageal carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2001; 15: 305–313., , , et al.
- 16A CPT-11-Taxotere-5-FU regimen for induction and concurrent chemoradiotherapy prior to surgery in patients with resectable esophageal or gastroesophageal carcinoma. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 22: 272., , , et al.
- 18http://www.asco.org/ac/1,1003_12-002511-00_18-0027-00_19-00253,00.asp [accessed April 21, 2004]., , , et al. PET predicts pathologic response and long-term survival following preoperative chemoradiotherapy in esophageal cancer. ASCO virtual meeting. 2004 Gastrointestinal cancers symposium. Available from URL: