Fax: (206) 667-5948
Anal cancer incidence and survival: The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results experience, 1973–2000
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2004
Copyright © 2004 American Cancer Society
Volume 101, Issue 2, pages 281–288, 15 July 2004
How to Cite
Johnson, L. G., Madeleine, M. M., Newcomer, L. M., Schwartz, S. M. and Daling, J. R. (2004), Anal cancer incidence and survival: The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results experience, 1973–2000. Cancer, 101: 281–288. doi: 10.1002/cncr.20364
- Issue published online: 2 JUL 2004
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 2 OCT 2003
- Cancer Surveillance System of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Grant Numbers: N01-CN-67009, NO1-PC-35142
- Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program of the National Cancer Institute
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer facts and figures 2004. Atlanta: American Cancer Society, 2004.
- 19National Cancer Institute. Requirements of CoC/governing agencies [monograph online]. Available from URL: http://training.seer.cancer.gov/module_follow_up/unit01_sec03_requirements.html [accessed Sept. 2003].
- 20National Cancer Institute Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program public-use data (1973–1999). Washington, DC: National Cancer Institute, 2002.
- 21Young JL Jr., Roffers SD, Ries LA, Fritz AG, Hurlbut AA, editors. SEER summary staging manual—2000: breast and female genital system [monograph online]. Available from URL: http://seer.cancer.gov/tools/ssm/digestive.pdf
- 22Applied regression analysis and other multivariable methods (3rd edition). Pacific Grove, CA: Duxbury Press, 1998., , , .
- 23Fundamentals of biostatistics (4th edition). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, 1995..
- 24National Cancer Institute. NCI fact sheet: how changes in U.S. Census counts affect NCI cancer rates [monograph online]. Available from URL: http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/pressreleases/Census2000 [accessed Sept. 2003].
- 30National Center for Health Statistics. Current smoking by persons 18 years of age and over according to sex, race, and age: United States, selected years 1965–99 [monograph online]. Available from URL: www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/tables/2001/01hus060.pdf [accessed Sept. 2003].
- 33National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention. Basic statistics [monograph online]. Available from URL: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats.htm [accessed Sept. 2003].
- 34Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service. HIV/AIDS surveillance report. Volume 13. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2001.
- 37U.S. Census Bureau current population reports: poverty in the United States, 2002. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 2003., .