Fax: (011) 49 89 7095 5550
The role of fludarabine in the treatment of follicular and mantle cell lymphoma
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2004
Copyright © 2004 American Cancer Society
Volume 101, Issue 5, pages 883–893, 1 September 2004
How to Cite
Lenz, G., Hiddemann, W. and Dreyling, M. (2004), The role of fludarabine in the treatment of follicular and mantle cell lymphoma. Cancer, 101: 883–893. doi: 10.1002/cncr.20483
- Issue published online: 18 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 8 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2004
- 1Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Classification Project. A clinical evaluation of the International Lymphoma Study Group classification of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Blood. 1997; 89: 3909–3918.
- 3Mantle cell lymphomas. Haematologica. 1999; 84: 93–95., , , , .
- 7Myeloablative radiochemotherapy followed by autologous blood stem cell transplantation leads to a significant prolongation of the event-free survival in patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)—results of a prospective randomized European intergroup study [abstract]. Blood. 2001; 98: 861., , , et al.
- 8Long-term follow-up of autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with diffuse mantle cell lymphoma in first disease remission: the prognostic value of β2-microglobulin and the tumor score. Cancer. 2003; 98: 2630–2635., , , , .
- 12Multicenter, randomized comparative trial of fludarabine and the combination of cyclophosphamide-doxorubicin-prednisone in 92 patients with Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia in first relapse or with primary refractory disease. Blood. 2001; 98: 2640–2644., , , et al.
- 15Fludarabine and cyclophosphamide: synergistic cytotoxicity associated with inhibition of interstrand cross-link removal [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1997; 38: A10., , , et al.
- 19Fludarabine compared with CVP chemotherapy in newly diagnosed patients with Stages III and IV low grade malignant non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Final analysis of a prospective randomized Phase III intergroup study in 381 patients [abstract]. Blood. 2001; 98: 3501., , , et al.
- 27Randomized Phase III study of fludarabine phosphate versus cyclophosphamide, vincristine, and prednisone in patients with recurrent low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma previously treated with an alkylating agent or alkylator-containing regimen. J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 4649–4954., , , et al.
- 34The immunosuppression and potential for EBV reactivation of fludarabine combined with cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone in patients with lymphoproliferative disorders. Br J Haematol. 1999; 107: 877–882., , , et al.
- 35Predictive factors for infectious complications in patients with lymphoproliferative disorders treated with fludarabine combinations without corticosteroids [abstract]. Ann Oncol. 2002; 13: 194., , , , , .
- 39Fludarabine/cytoxan/mitoxantrone (FLU/CY/MITO) as front-line therapy in low-grade NHL (LGL) [abstract]. Ann Oncol. 2002; 13: 502., , , et al.
- 52Combined immuno-chemotherapy (R-FCM) results in superior remission and survival rates in recurrent follicular and mantle cell lymphoma—final results of a prospective randomized trial of the GLSG [abstract]. Hematol J. 2003; 4: 484., , , et al.
- 54High clinical and molecular response rate in elderly patients with advanced stage follicular lymphoma treated at diagnosis with a brief chemo-immunotherapy FND + rituximab [abstract]. Blood. 2002; 100: 1392., , , et al.
- 56Results of a Phase II study employing a combination of fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and rituximab (FCR) as primary therapy for patients with advanced follicluar lymphoma (FL): the Israel Cooperative Lymphoma Group [abstract]. Blood. 2002; 100: 1393., , , et al.
- 57Randomized Phase 2 study of fludarabine with concurrent versus sequential treatment with rituximab in symptomatic, untreated patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9712 (CALGB 9712). Blood. 2003; 101: 6–14., , , et al.
- 58Stage IV indolent lymphoma: a randomized study of concurrent vs. sequential use of FND chemotherapy (fludarabine, mitoxantrone, dexamethasone) and rituximab (R) monoclonal antibody therapy, with interferon maintenance [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 22: 564., , , et al.
- 62Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and mitoxantrone (FCM) therapy in resistant or relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) or follicular lymphoma (FL) [abstract]. Blood. 1997; 90: 530a., , .
- 63Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and mitoxantrone (FCM) regimen as first-line therapy in younger patients with advanced stage follicular lymphoma (FL) [abstract]. Ann Oncol. 2002; 13: 184., , , et al.
- 70European Phase II study of rituximab (chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody) for patients with newly diagnosed mantle-cell lymphoma and previously treated mantle-cell lymphoma, immunocytoma, and small B-cell lymphocytic lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18: 317–324., , , et al.
- 74Cisplatin, fludarabine, and cytarabine: a novel, pharmacologically designed salvage therapy for patients with refractory, histologically aggressive or mantle cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Cancer. 2002; 94: 585–593., , , .