Fax: (719) 372-6395
Disseminating effective cancer screening interventions†
Version of Record online: 22 JUL 2004
Published 2004 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: Promoting Cancer Screening: Lessons Learned and Future Directions for Research and Practice
Volume 101, Issue Supplement S5, pages 1239–1250, 1 September 2004
How to Cite
Glasgow, R. E., Marcus, A. C., Bull, S. S. and Wilson, K. M. (2004), Disseminating effective cancer screening interventions. Cancer, 101: 1239–1250. doi: 10.1002/cncr.20509
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue online: 18 AUG 2004
- Version of Record online: 22 JUL 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 MAY 2004
- Manuscript Received: 22 APR 2004
- 1Interventions for patients, providers, and health care organizations. Cancer. 2004; 101 (5 Suppl): 000–000., .
- 2National Cancer Institute. Designing for dissemination: conference summary report. Washington, DC: National Cancer Institute, 2002. Available from URL: http://cancercontrol.cancer.gov/d4d/d4d_conf_sum_report.pdf. [accessed August 4, 2003].
- 42003. Available from URL: http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/canconinv.htm [accessed March 3, 2004]., , , et al. Diffusion and dissemination of evidence-based cancer control interventions. Prepared by McMaster University Evidence-based Practice Center for Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality,
- 5Social and behavioral interventions to increase breast cancer screening. In: SchneidermanN, SpeersMA, SilvaJM, TomesH, GentryJH, editors. Integrating behavioral and social sciences with public health. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 2001: 177–201., , , , .
- 7Guidelines for the dissemination of new information discovered by researchers. In: DunnEV, NortonPG, StewartM, TudiverF, editors. Disseminating research/changing practice. Volume 6: Research methods in primary care. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, 1994: 87–96., , , .
- 8National Cancer Institute. New web-based tools for developing comprehensive cancer control programs released. 2003. Available from URL: http://cancercontrolplanet.cancer.gov [accessed November 24, 2003].
- 10The Cochrane Collaboration, 2003. Available from URL: www.cochrane.org [accessed March 22, 2004].
- 14Institute of Medicine. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2001. Available from URL: http://www.nap.edu/books/0309072808/html/index.html [accessed November 26, 2003].
- 15The first 15 years: what has been learned about the Cancer Information Service and the implications for the future. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1993; 14: 177–185., , , , , .
- 16Diffusion of innovations. 4th edition. New York: Free Press, 1995..
- 17Diffusion of health promotion innovations. In: GlanzK, LewisFM, RimerBK, editors. Health behavior and health education: theory, research, and practice. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1990: 270–286., , , .
- 21Battelle Centers for Public Health. Evaluation protocol, consultation, and technical assistance for the replication and dissemination of effective breast and cervical cancer health education interventions: final report. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2001.
- 23Historical origins of the Health Belief Model. Health Educ Monogr. 1974; 2: 328–335..
- 24Self-efficacy: the exercise of control. New York: W. H. Freeman, 1997..
- 26Health promotion planning: an educational and ecological approach. 3rd edition. Mountain View, CA: Mayfield Publishing Company, 1999., .
- 28Diffusion of innovations. In: GlanzK, RimerBK, LewisFM, editors. Health behavior and health education: theory, research, and practice. 3rd edition. San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002: 312–334., .
- 30RE-AIM. 2004. Available from URL: http://www.re-aim.org [accessed February 3, 2004].
- 33The ecology of human development: experiments by nature and design. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1979..
- 40Helping pregnant smokers quit: meeting the challenge in the next decade. Tob Control. 2000; 9 (Suppl 3): III6–III11., , , .
- 46Research design in clinical psychology. 2nd edition. Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 1992..
- 47Experimental and quasi-experimental design for generalized causal inference. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2002., , .
- 54Bowling alone: the collapse and revival of American community. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2000..
- 56Perspectives on behavioral and social science research on cancer screening. Cancer. 2004; 101 (Suppl): 000–000., .
- 59The Conservation Company and Public/Private Ventures. Building from strength: replication as a strategy for expanding social programs that work. Philadelphia: Replication and Expansion Unit of Public/Private Ventures, 1994.