Incidence of multiple myeloma in Olmsted County, Minnesota
Trend over 6 decades
Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2004
Copyright © 2004 American Cancer Society
Volume 101, Issue 11, pages 2667–2674, 1 December 2004
How to Cite
Kyle, R. A., Therneau, T. M., Rajkumar, S. V., Larson, D. R., Plevak, M. F. and Melton, L. J. (2004), Incidence of multiple myeloma in Olmsted County, Minnesota. Cancer, 101: 2667–2674. doi: 10.1002/cncr.20652
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2004
- Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 AUG 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 29 JUL 2004
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAY 2004
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: CA62242, AR30582
- 1National Office of Vital Statistics. Vital statistics of the United States, 1949. Part I: natality, mortality, marriage, divorce, morbidity, and life table data for the United States. Washington, DC: United States Government Printing Office, 1951.
- 2National Center for Health Statistics. Vital statistics of the United States, 1974. Volume II. Mortality (Part A). Hyattsville, MD: United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, National Center for Health Statistics, 1978.
- 3National Center for Health Statistics. Vital statistics of the United States, 1988. Volume II. Mortality (Part A). Hyattsville, MD: United States Department of Health and Human Services, 1991.
- 5Cancer incidence and mortality in New York State (exclusive of New York City). Albany: New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Cancer Control, 1976..
- 7MillerBA, RiesLA, HankeyBF, et al., editors. SEER cancer statistics review: 1973-1990. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 1993.
- 8National Cancer Institute Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat database: incidence—SEER 9 Regs Public-Use, Nov 2002 Sub (1973-2000). Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch, 2003.
- 13Calculating incidence, prevalence, and mortality rates in Olmsted County, Minnesota: an update. Rochester, MN: Department of Health Science Research, Mayo Clinic, 1992., , , , , . Technical Report Series No. 49.
- 14Generalized additive models. London: Chapman and Hall, 1990., .
- 17Expected survival based on hazard rates. Rochester, MN: Department of Health Science Research, Mayo Clinic, 1994., , , . Technical Report Series No. 52.
- 18[No authors listed]. Forty-five years of cancer incidence in Connecticut: 1935-79. Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1986; 70: 1–706.
- 25World Health Organization. Some data on mortality attributed to multiple myeloma (plasmocytoma). Epidemiol Vital Stat Rep. 1955; 8: 21–22.
- 26United States National Center for Health Statistics. Vital statistics of the United States, 1970. Volume 2. Mortality. DHEW Publication No. (HRA) 74-1102. Rockville, MD: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1974.
- 35Illinois State Cancer Registry. Cancer incidence by community area, Chicago, Illinois, 1986-1989. Springfield, IL: Illinois Department of Public Health, 1991.
- 37Minnesota Department of Health. The Minnesota Cancer Surveillance System: a summary of 1988 data. Dis Control Newslett. 1991; 19: 33–39.