Fax: (404) 639-8117
Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2004
Published 2004 by the American Cancer Society
Volume 101, Issue 12, pages 2851–2858, 15 December 2004
How to Cite
Armstrong, L. R., Thompson, T., Hall, H. I., Coughlin, S. S., Steele, B. and Rogers, J. D. (2004), Colorectal carcinoma mortality among Appalachian men and women, 1969–1999. Cancer, 101: 2851–2858. doi: 10.1002/cncr.20667
The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Centers for Disease Control or the U.S. Government.
This article is a U.S. Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue online: 1 DEC 2004
- Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2004
- 1U.S. Preventative Task Force on Colorectal Screening. Screening for colorectal cancer [monograph online]. Available from URL: http://www.ahcpr.gov/clinic/uspstf/uspscolo.htm [accessed June 6, 2003].
- 4Atlas of cancer mortality in the United States, 1950-1994. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 1999., , , et al.
- 5Health care services in Appalachia. In: CoutoRA, SimpsonNK, HarrisG, editors. Sowing seeds in the mountains: community-based coalitions for cancer prevention and control. Bethesda: Appalachia Leadership Initiative on Cancer, National Cancer Institute, 1994: 62–80..
- 9Appalachian Regional Commission. Poverty rates in Appalachia, 1990 [monograph online]. Available from URL: http://www.arc.gov/research/poverty/povmain.htm [accessed May 22, 2001].
- 10Appalachian Regional Commission. Counties in the Appalachian region [monograph online]. Available from URL: http://www.arc.gov/aboutarc/region/counties.htm [accessed May 22, 2001].
- 11National Center for Health Statistics. Vital statistics mortality data, multiple cause of death, 1969-1999 [machine-readable data tapes]. Hyattsville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2002.
- 12World Health Organization. Manual of the international statistical classification of diseases, injuries, and causes of death, based on the recommendations of the ninth revision conference, 1975. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1977.
- 13PercyC, Van HoltenV, MuirC, editors. World Health Organization international classification of diseases for oncology. 2nd ed. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1990.
- 14National Cancer Institute Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. SEER*Stat [computer software online]. Available from URL: http://seer.cancer.gov/seerstat [accessed January 2001].
- 15Age-adjusted death rates: trend data based on the year 2000 standard population. Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2001; 49: 1–6., .
- 16National Cancer Institute Statistical Research and Applications Branch. Joinpoint [computer software online]. Available from URL: http://srab.cancer.gov/joinpoint [accessed January 17, 2002].
- 19Cancer mortality surveillance—United States, 1990-2000. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2004; 53: 1–108., , , et al.
- 31Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cancer death rates—Appalachia, 1994-1998. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2002; 51: 527–529.