Fax: (310) 206-3566
Role of community risk factors and resources on breast carcinoma stage at diagnosis
Article first published online: 13 JAN 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 103, Issue 5, pages 922–930, 1 March 2005
How to Cite
Davidson, P. L., Bastani, R., Nakazono, T. T. and Carreon, D. C. (2005), Role of community risk factors and resources on breast carcinoma stage at diagnosis. Cancer, 103: 922–930. doi: 10.1002/cncr.20852
- Issue published online: 17 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 13 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 25 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2004
- University of California. Grant Number: 7PB-0128
- Office of the President
- California Breast Cancer Research Program
- 2Breast cancer in California: stage at diagnosis and medical status. Sacramento, CA: California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section, March 2000., , .
- 8American Cancer Society. Breast cancer: early detection, importance of finding breast cancer early [monograph on the Internet]. Atlanta: American Cancer Society, 2005. Available from URL: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_6x_Breast_Cancer_Early_Detection.asp?sitearea [accessed January 2, 2005].
- 12The effects of race/ethnicity and health insurance on cancer stage at diagnosis [abstract]. Abstr Book Assoc Health Serv Res. 1998; 15: 49., .
- 15Stage at diagnosis of female breast cancer, 1988-1992. In: MorrisCR, WrightWE, editors. Breast cancer in California. Sacramento, CA: California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section, 1996..
- 20Experiences of poor and low income U.S. women with breast cancer [abstract]. Abstr Book Assoc Health Serv Res. 1999; 16: 162..
- 21Health insurance and spending among cancer patients. Health Aff (Millwood). 2003; (Suppl. Web Exclusives) W3-189–W3-198., .
- 27FlemingID, CooperJS, HensenDE, et al., editors. AJCC cancer staging manual, 5th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1998.
- 28U.S. Census Bureau. Census block groups cartographic boundary files description and metadata. Washington, DC: U.S. Census Bureau, 2002.
- 29University of California. California Health Interview Survey [database on the Internet]. CHIS survey methodology and sample design. Available from URL: http://www.chis.ucla.edu/methods_design.html [accessed October 1, 2003].
- 30Quality Resource Systems Incorporated [on the Internet]. Area resource file (ARF) [updated 2003]. Available from URL: http://www.arfsys.com [accessed November 8, 2003].
- 31Cattaneo & Stroud Incorporated [homepage on the Internet]. 2001 Statewide HMO and special programs enrollment study [updated July 14, 2001]. Consultants of the health care industry [about 2 screens]. Available from URL: http://www.cattaneostroud.com/2001HMO_Study/default.htm [accessed September 12, 2003].
- 37The California Medical Association [on the Internet]. 2001 Physician survey findings. [updated 2004]. Available from URL: www.cmanet.org/upload/Physician_Supply_(Acrobat).pdf [accessed October 1, 2004].