Fax: (416) 946 6546
Disease biology rather than age is the most important determinant of survival of patients ≥ 60 years with acute myeloid leukemia treated with uniform intensive therapy
Version of Record online: 13 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 103, Issue 10, pages 2082–2090, 15 May 2005
How to Cite
Gupta, V., Chun, K., Yi, Q.-L., Minden, M., Schuh, A., Wells, R. and Brandwein, J. (2005), Disease biology rather than age is the most important determinant of survival of patients ≥ 60 years with acute myeloid leukemia treated with uniform intensive therapy. Cancer, 103: 2082–2090. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21006
- Issue online: 28 APR 2005
- Version of Record online: 13 APR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 9 DEC 2004
- Manuscript Received: 31 MAY 2004
- 2Use of recombinant GM-CSF during and after remission induction chemotherapy in patients aged 61 years and older with acute myeloid leukemia: final report of AML-11, a phase III randomized study of the Leukemia Cooperative Group of European Organisation for the Research and Treatment of Cancer and the Dutch Belgian Hemato-Oncology Cooperative Group. Blood. 1997; 90: 2952–2961., , , et al.
- 7A placebo-controlled study of recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor administered during and after induction treatment for de novo acute myelogenous leukemia in elderly patients. Groupe Ouest Est Leucemies Aigues Myeloblastiques (GOELAM). Blood. 1998; 91: 2722–2730., , , et al.
- 9Mitoxantrone versus daunorubicin in induction-consolidation chemotherapy—the value of low-dose cytarabine for maintenance of remission, and an assessment of prognostic factors in acute myeloid leukemia in the elderly: final report. European Organization for the Research and Treatment of Cancer and the Dutch-Belgian Hemato-Oncology Cooperative Hovon Group. J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 872–881., , , et al.
- 21Anonymous. Results of chemotherapy for unselected patients with acute myeloblastic leukaemia: effect of exclusions on interpretation of results. The Toronto Leukemia Study Group. Lancet. 1986; 1: 786–788.
- 25An international system for human cytogenetic nomenclature. Basel, Switzerland: S. Karger, 1995..
- 30On the value of intensive remission-induction chemotherapy in elderly patients of 65+ years with acute myeloid leukemia: a randomized phase III study of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Leukemia Group. J Clin Oncol. 1989; 7: 1268–1274., , , et al.
- 35Low dose ara-C versus hydroxyurea with or without retinoid in older patients not considered fit for intensive chemotherapy [abstract]. Blood. 2004; 104: 249a., , , , , .