Fax: (210) 348-0554
A national agenda for Latino cancer prevention and control†
Version of Record online: 8 APR 2005
Published 2005 by the American Cancer Society
Volume 103, Issue 11, pages 2209–2215, 1 June 2005
How to Cite
Ramirez, A. G., Gallion, K. J., Suarez, L., Giachello, A. L., Marti, J. R., Medrano, M. A., Pérez-Stable, E. J., Talavera, G. A. and Trapido, E. J. (2005), A national agenda for Latino cancer prevention and control. Cancer, 103: 2209–2215. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21053
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 8 APR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 18 JAN 2005
- Redes En Acción, a program funded by the National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland. Grant Number: U01-CA86117
- 1U.S. Census Bureau. Race and Hispanic origin. National population estimates by age, race and Hispanic origin: 2003. Available at URL: http://www.census.gov/pubinfo/www/multimedia/Race-Hisp2004.html. [Accessed June 21, 2004.]
- 2Institute of Medicine. The unequal burden of cancer. An assessment of NIH research and programs for ethnic minorities and the medically underserved. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1999.
- 3The impact of cancer on Latino populations. In: Aguirre-MolinaM, MolinaCW, ZambranaRE, eds. Health issues in the Latino community. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2001: 211–244., .
- 4American Cancer Society. Cancer facts & figures for Hispanics: 2000–2001. Atlanta: American Cancer Society, 2001. 12 p.
- 6Hispanics: are we being counted accurately? Challenges and recommendations. J Registry Manag. 1999; 26: 142–148., , , , .
- 7Hispanic/Latino health and disease: an overview. In: HuffRM, KlineMV, et al., eds. Promoting health in multicultural populations: a handbook for practitioners. vol 17. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 1999: 115–136., .
- 10Hispanic cultures. In: BreslowL, ed. Encyclopedia of public health. vol. 2. New York: Macmillan Reference USA–Gale Group, 2001: 565–567., .
- 11The emerging Hispanic population: a foundation for cancer prevention and control, J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1995; 18: 1–9., , , .
- 12Institute of Medicine. Linking research and public health practice: a review of CDC's program of centers for research and demonstration of health promotion and disease prevention. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1997.
- 132001. Available at URL: http://18.104.22.168:8080/webisodes/pcpvideo/voices_files/index.html. [Accessed June 20, 2003.], . President's cancer panel report of the chairman 2000–2001. September