Fax: (507) 284-1803
A North Central Cancer Treatment Group trial
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 104, Issue 1, pages 176–182, 1 July 2005
How to Cite
Loprinzi, C. L., Levitt, R., Barton, D. L., Sloan, J. A., Atherton, P. J., Smith, D. J., Dakhil, S. R., Moore, D. F., Krook, J. E., Rowland, K. M., Mazurczak, M. A., Berg, A. R. and Kim, G. P. (2005), Evaluation of shark cartilage in patients with advanced cancer. Cancer, 104: 176–182. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21107
This study was conducted as a collaborative trial of the North Central Cancer Treatment Group and Mayo Clinic and was supported in part by Public Health Service grants CA-25224, CA-37404, CA-35113, CA-63849, CA-63848, CA-35195, CA-35272, CA-35269, CA-35103, CA-35101, CA-60276, CA-52352, CA-37417, CA-35448.
Additional participating institutions include: CentraCare Clinic, St. Cloud, MN 56301 (Harold E. Windschitl, M.D.); Siouxland Hematology-Oncology Associates, Sioux City, IA 51105 (Donald Wender, M.D.) Iowa Oncology Research Association CCOP, Des Moines, IA 50314 (Roscoe F. Morton, M.D.); Toledo Community Hospital Oncology Program (Paul L. Schaefer, M.D.); Medcenter One Health Systems, Bismarck, ND 58506 (Edward J. Wos, D.O.); Cedar Rapids Oncology Project CCOP, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403 (Martin Wiesenfeld, M.D.); Meritcare Hospital CCOP, Fargo, ND 58122 (Preston Steen, M.D.)
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 11 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 28 OCT 2004
- Public Health Service. Grant Numbers: CA-25224, CA-37404, CA-35113, CA-63849, CA-63848, CA-35195, CA-35272, CA-35269, CA-35103, CA-35101, CA-60276, CA-52352, CA-37417, CA-35448
- 1Why shark cartilage should succeed against cancer and other pathologies. Medicinal Journalist Report of Innovative Biologics. Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients. 1991; November: 847–854..
- 2Shark cartilage: The laetrile of the 1990s [Editorial]. Clev Clin J Med. 1996; 3: 179–180..
- 4You can conquer cancer. Melbourne: Hill of Content Publishing, 1984..
- 6Effects of shark cartilage on mammary tumor neovascularization in vivo and cell proliferation in vitro [Abstract]. FASEB J. 1995; 9: A135., .
- 7Structural studies on sulfated oligosaccharides derived from the carbohydrate-protein linkage region of chondroitin 6-sulfate proteoglycans of shark cartilage. I. Six compounds containing 0 or 1 sulfate and/or phosphate residues. J Biol Chem. 1992; 267: 6027–6035., , , , .
- 21The development of a method for determining oncology patients' emotional distress using linear analogue scales. Cancer Nurs. 1988; 5: 303–308., , .
- 29Analyzing quality-of-life endpoints in clinical trials. SAS Users Group International Proceedings. 1998; 23: 1213–1222., , .
- 31Multivariate statistical methods. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1976..