Fax: (206) 667-5977
Colorectal carcinoma screening among Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites in a rural setting
Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 103, Issue 12, pages 2491–2498, 15 June 2005
How to Cite
Thompson, B., Coronado, G., Neuhouser, M. and Chen, L. (2005), Colorectal carcinoma screening among Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites in a rural setting. Cancer, 103: 2491–2498. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21124
- Issue online: 2 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 19 AUG 2004
- 1American Cancer Society. Colon and rectum cancer: detection and symptoms. Available from URL: http://www.cancer.org/cancerinfo/load_cont.asp [accessed February 12, 2005].
- 2American Cancer Society. 2000 facts and figures: selected cancers. Available from URL: http://www.cancer.org/statistics/cff2000/selectedcancers.html [accessed February 12, 2005].
- 5U.S. Bureau of the Census. Projections of the resident population by age, sex, race, and Hispanic origin: 1999 to 2100. Washington, DC: Population Division, Department of Commerce, January 13, 2000.
- 8Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health Interview Survey. Available from URL: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhis.htm [accessed August 22, 2002].
- 9U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to clinical preventive services. 2nd and 3rd eds. McClean, VA: International Medical Publishing, Inc., 2002.
- 10American Cancer Society. Detailed guide: colon and rectum cancer. Can colorectal polyps and cancer be found early? Available from URL: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_3x_Can_Colon_and_rectum_cancer_be_found_early.asp [accessed June 1, 2004].
- 11http://www.acg.gi.org/patientinfo/ccrk/CRC2000.pdf [accessed June 1, 2004]., , , , . ACG recommendations on colorectal cancer screening for average and higher risk patients in clinical practice, April 2000. Available from URL:
- 12Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Online prevalence data. Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Available from URL: www.cdc.gov/brfss [accessed March 23, 2004].
- 15Migrant and seasonal farmworker enumeration profiles study, Washington. Vashon Island, WA: Larson Assistance Services, 2000..
- 16Access to medical care in the U.S. Who has it, who doesn't. Chicago: Pluribus Press, and Center for Health Administration Services, 1984: 1–111, , .
- 17Equity: policy strategies, evidence, criteria, and an application. In: AdayLA, BegleyCE, LairsonDR, SlaterCH. Evaluating the healthcare system: effectiveness, efficiency, and equity. Chicago: Health Administration Press, 1998: 173–247., , , .
- 18A short acculturation scale for Mexican American populations. Ethnicity Dis. 2005; 15: 53–62., , , , .
- 20Use of cancer-screening tests in the San Francisco Bay area: comparison of Latinos and Anglos. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1995; 18: 147–153., , .