Fax: (713) 500 9264
Variation in modes of chemotherapy administration for breast carcinoma and association with hospitalization for chemotherapy-related toxicity
Article first published online: 30 JUN 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 104, Issue 5, pages 913–924, 1 September 2005
How to Cite
Du, X. L., Chan, W., Giordano, S., Geraci, J. M., Delclos, G. L., Burau, K. and Fang, S. (2005), Variation in modes of chemotherapy administration for breast carcinoma and association with hospitalization for chemotherapy-related toxicity. Cancer, 104: 913–924. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21271
- Issue published online: 17 AUG 2005
- Article first published online: 30 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 9 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 28 JAN 2005
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: R01-CA090626
- 1The chemotherapy source book. 3rd edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2001..
- 2Toxicity of chemotherapy. Orlando, FL: Grune & Stratton, Inc., 1984., .
- 3Lippincott's cancer chemotherapy handbook. 2nd edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2001..
- 4National Comprehensive Cancer Network. The complete library of NCCN oncology practice guidelines. Version 2000. Rockledge, PA: NCCN, 2000.
- 5Bethesda handbook of clinical oncology. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2001., .
- 6Annotated guide to chemotherapeutic regimens 1999/2000. New York: McMahon Publishing Group, 1999., , , , , .
- 7Textbook of cancer epidemiology. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002., , .
- 19Overview of the SEER-Medicare data: content, research applications, and generalizability to the United States elderly population. Med Care. 2002; 40(8 Suppl ): 3–18., , , , .
- 20RiesLAG, EisnerMP, KosaryCL, et al, editors. SEER cancer statistics review, 1975–2000,. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 2003. Available from URL: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2000 [accessed December 15, 2003].
- 21National Cancer Institute. The SEER program code manual. Revised edition. NIH Pub No. 94-1999. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 1994.
- 22Utility of the SEER-Medicare data to identify chemotherapy use. Med Care. 2002; 40(Suppl): IV55–IV61., , , et al.
- 25U.S. Public Health Services. International Classification of Diseases. 9th revision, clinical modification. 5th edition. Los Angeles: PMIC, 1996.
- 26American Medical Association. Physicians' current procedural terminology–CPT 2000. Chicago: American Medical Association, 2000.
- 27Health Care Financing Administration. HCFA Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS): National Level II Medicare Codes. Los Angeles: Practice Management Information Corporation, 2000.
- 28National Cancer Institute. SEER-Medicare linked databases. Appendix for SEER-Medicare 2/ 2003 claims files. Available from URL: http://healthservices.cancer.gov/SEERmedicare/[accessed January 20, 2005].
- 30National Cancer Institute. SEER-Medicare calculation of comorbidity weights. Available from URL: http://healthservices.cancer.gov/seermedicare/program/comorbidity.html [accessed July 26, 2004].
- 34Categorical data analysis using the SAS system. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc., 1997., , .
- 35External validation of Medicare claims for breast cancer chemotherapy compared to medical chart reviews. Med Care. In press., , , , , .
- 36Effectiveness of adjuvant chemotherapy for node-positive operable breast cancer in older women. J Gerontol (A Biol Sci Med Sci). In press., , .