Fax: (617) 632-2616
Quality of life among patients with Stage II and III breast carcinoma randomized to receive high-dose chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow support or intermediate-dose chemotherapy†‡
Results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9066
Article first published online: 23 AUG 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 104, Issue 8, pages 1580–1589, 15 October 2005
How to Cite
Peppercorn, J., Herndon, J., Kornblith, A. B., Peters, W., Ahles, T., Vredenburgh, J., Schwartz, G., Shpall, E., Hurd, D. D., Holland, J., Winer, E. and The Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) and The Southwestern Oncology Group (SWOG)Group (2005), Quality of life among patients with Stage II and III breast carcinoma randomized to receive high-dose chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow support or intermediate-dose chemotherapy. Cancer, 104: 1580–1589. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21363
Presented as Abstract 1593 at the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Atlanta, Georgia, May 15–19, 1999.
The content of this article is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Cancer Institute.
- Issue published online: 3 OCT 2005
- Article first published online: 23 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 6 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Received: 16 MAR 2005
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Numbers: CA31946, CA32291, CA33601, CA14028, CA42777, CA03927, CA77651
- 9Prospective, randomized comparison of high-dose chemotherapy with stem-cell support versus intermediate-dose chemotherapy after surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy in women with high-risk primary beast cancer: a report of CALBG 9082, SWOG 9114, and NCIC MA-13. J Clin. Oncol. 2005; 23: 2191–2200., , , et al.
- 10Model for quality-of-life research from the Cancer and Leukemia Group B: the telephone interview, conceptual approach to measurement, and theoretical framework. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1996; 20: 55–62., .
- 12The Functional Living Index-Cancer: ten years later. In: SpilkerB, editor. Quality of life and pharmacoeconomics in clinical trials. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1996: 215–225..
- 16A sociodemographic data collection model for cooperative clinical trials [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1992; 11: 157., , , et al.
- 20Tailored fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide compared with marrow-supported high-dose chemotherapy as adjuvant treatment for high-risk breast cancer: a randomised trial. Scandinavian Breast Group 9401 study. Lancet. 2000; 356: 1384–1391., , , et al.
- 28Quality of life in women with breast cancer during the first year after random assignment to adjuvant treatment with marrow-supported high-dose chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide, thiotepa, and carboplatin or tailored therapy with fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide: Scandinavian Breast Group Study 9401. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 3659–3664., , , et al.
- 31Final results of a randomized Phase III trial comparing cyclophosphamide, epirubicin, and fluorouracil with a dose-intensified epirubicin and cyclophosphamide + filgrastim as neoadjuvant treatment in locally advanced breast cancer: an EORTC-NCIC-SAKK multicenter study. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 843–850., , , et al.