Fax: (011) 81 272530390
A randomized, postremission comparison of four courses of standard-dose consolidation therapy without maintenance therapy versus three courses of standard-dose consolidation with maintenance therapy in adults with acute myeloid leukemia
The Japan Adult Leukemia Study Group AML97 study
Version of Record online: 13 NOV 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 104, Issue 12, pages 2726–2734, 15 December 2005
How to Cite
Miyawaki, S., Sakamaki, H., Ohtake, S., Emi, N., Yagasaki, F., Mitani, K., Matsuda, S., Kishimoto, Y., Miyazaki, Y., Asou, N., Matsushima, T., Takahashi, M., Ogawa, Y., Honda, S. and Ohno, R. (2005), A randomized, postremission comparison of four courses of standard-dose consolidation therapy without maintenance therapy versus three courses of standard-dose consolidation with maintenance therapy in adults with acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer, 104: 2726–2734. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21493
- Issue online: 8 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 13 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAR 2005
- Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare of Japan
- 1Randomized study of individualized induction therapy with or without vincristine, and of maintenance-intensification therapy between 4 or 12 courses in adult acute myeloid leukemia. AML-87 Study of the Japan Adult Leukemia Study Group. Cancer. 1993; 71: 3888–3895., , , et al.
- 46-Thioguanine, cytarabine, and daunorubicin (TAD) and high-dose cytarabine and mitoxantrone (HAM) for induction, TAD for consolidation, and either prolonged maintenance by reduced monthly TAD or TAD-HAM-TAD and one course of intensive consolidation by sequential HAM in adult patients at all ages with de novo acute myeloid leukemia (AML): a randomized trial of the German AML Cooperative Group. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 214: 496–504., , , et al.
- 5Sequential multiagent chemotherapy is not superior to high-dose cytarabine alone as postremission intensification therapy for acute myeloid leukemia in adults under 60 years of age: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 9222. Blood. 2005; 105: 3420–3427., , , et al.
- 9Long-term follow-up of a randomized post-induction therapy trial in acute myelogenous leukemia (a Southeastern Cancer Study Group Trial). Leukemia. 1995; 9: 1456–1460., , , et al.
- 12Trial to extract prognostic factors prior to the start of induction chemotherapy for adult AML. In: Hiddeman W, Buchner T, Worman B, et al., editors. Acute leukemias VII: experimental approaches and novel therapies. New York: Springer, 1998: 901–905., , , et al.