Hepatitis B and liver cancer beliefs among Korean immigrants in Western Washington†
Report of a qualitative study
Article first published online: 7 NOV 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research, and Training (AANCART): Fifth Asian American Cancer Control Academy
Volume 104, Issue Supplement 12, pages 2955–2958, 15 December 2005
How to Cite
Choe, J. H., Chan, N., Do, H. H., Woodall, E., Lim, E. and Taylor, V. M. (2005), Hepatitis B and liver cancer beliefs among Korean immigrants in Western Washington. Cancer, 104: 2955–2958. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21518
Presented at the Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research, and Training (AANCART): Fifth Asian American Cancer Control Academy, Sacramento, CA, October 22–23, 2004.
- Issue published online: 8 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 7 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUN 2005
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: CA86322
- University of Washington Biobehavioral Cancer Prevention and Control Training Program. Grant Number: NCIR25CA092408
- 1US Census Bureau. Population estimates program. Washington DC: US Census Bureau, 2000.
- 2Koreans: entrepreneurs par excellence. In: LaiE, ArguellesD, editors. The new face of Asian Pacific America: numbers, diversity & change in the 21st Century. San Francisco: AsianWeek, 2003: 57–66..
- 3US Department of Commerce. We the Americans: Asians. Washington DC: US Department of Commerce, 1993.
- 4Racial and ethnic disparities in access to health insurance and health care. UCLA Center for Health Policy Research and The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, 2000., , , .
- 5The Korean Americans. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1998..
- 8Liver cancer. In: ScottenfeldD, FraumeniJF, editors. Cancer epidemiology and prevention. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996., .
- 9Hepatitis B. In: ZaneNWS, TakeuchiDT, YoungKNJ, editors. Confronting critical health issues of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1994..
- 10Racial/ethnic patterns of cancer in the United States 1988–1992. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 1996., , , et al.
- 13Unstructured and semistructured interviewing. In: Research methods in anthropology, 2nd ed. Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press, 1995: 208–236..
- 14Principles of data analysis. In: Qualitative research methods for health professionals, 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, 1995: 125–149., .