Fax: (415) 476-7964
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research, and Training (AANCART): Fifth Asian American Cancer Control Academy
Volume 104, Issue Supplement 12, pages 3006–3014, 15 December 2005
How to Cite
Nguyen, T. T., Somkin, C. P. and Ma, Y. (2005), Participation of Asian-American women in cancer chemoprevention research. Cancer, 104: 3006–3014. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21519
Presented at Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research, and Training (AANCART): Fifth Asian American Cancer Control Academy, Sacramento, California, October 22–23, 2004.
Supported by an Administrative Supplement to the Cancer Research Network CRN; with funding from the National Cancer Institute [NCI] grant U19/CA 79689), consists of the research programs, enrollee populations, and databases from 10 health maintenance organizations (HMOs) that are members of the Network.
- Issue published online: 8 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 24 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUN 2005
- National Cancer Institute [NCI]. Grant Number: U19/CA 79689
- Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research, and Training. Grant Number: NCI grant U01/CA 86322
- American Cancer Society Cancer Control Career Development Award
- 2Institutional perspectives on minority population recruitment to cancer clinical trials. Recruitment and Retention of Minority Participants in Clinical Cancer Research: conference summary. Washington, DC: National Institutes of Health and National Cancer Institute, 1996..
- 6Cancer data for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. Asian Am Pac Isl J Health. 1998; 6: 130–139..
- 7MillerBA, KolonelLN, BernsteinL, YoungJL, et al., editors. Racial/ethnic patterns of cancer in the United States 1988–1992. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 1996.
- 13Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations. Capacity-building initiative for Asian American and Pacific Islanders to participate in clinical research studies: summary report of needs assessment. Oakland, CA: Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations, 2000.
- 18Bureau of the Census. Table DP-1. Profile of general demographic characteristics: Census 2000 summary file 1 (SF 1) 100-percent data. Geographic area: San Francisco and Santa Clara County, California. Washington, DC: Bureau of the Census, 2000.
- 26We the people: Asians in the United States, Washington, D.C.: U.S. Census Bureau, 2004., .
- 31ASCO survey of oncologists on clinical research. Presented at American Society of Clinical Oncologists Annual Meeting, May 15–18, 1999; Atlanta, GA..