Fax: (604) 822–7466
Disparities in colorectal cancer screening rates among Asian Americans and non-Latino whites†
Version of Record online: 7 NOV 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research, and Training (AANCART): Fifth Asian American Cancer Control Academy
Volume 104, Issue Supplement 12, pages 2940–2947, 15 December 2005
How to Cite
Wong, S. T., Gildengorin, G., Nguyen, T. and Mock, J. (2005), Disparities in colorectal cancer screening rates among Asian Americans and non-Latino whites. Cancer, 104: 2940–2947. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21521
Presented at Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research, and Training (AANCART): Fifth Asian American Cancer Control Academy, Sacramento, California, October 22–23, 2004.
- Issue online: 8 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 7 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUN 2005
- Asian American Cancer Awareness, Research and Training Program that was made possible from the National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: 7U01 CA86322
- 4U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for colorectal cancer: recommendation and rationale. Ann Intern Med. 2002; 16: 129–131.
- 5Colorectal cancer prevention 2000: screening recommendations of the American College of Gastroenterology. Am J Gastroenterol. 2000; 94: 868–877., , , , .
- 7Colorectal cancer test use among persons aged ≥50 years—United States 2001. MMWR Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003., , .
- 10Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Screening for colorectal cancer—United States, 1992–1993, and new guidelines. MMWR Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep. 1996.
- 15Behavioral risk factor survey of Vietnamese-California, 1991. MMWR Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep. 1992; 41: 69–72., , , , .
- 16Centers for Disease Prevention MMWR. Screening for colorectal cancer—United States 1999. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office, 1999.
- 18U.S. Census Bureau. Projections of the total resident population by 5-year age groups, race, and Hispanic origin with special age categories, Middle series, 2050–2070. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Commerce, 2000.
- 19California Health Interview Survey. CHIS 2001 design and methodology summary. Available at: http://www.chisucla.edu/methods_design.html (accessed September 22, 2004).
- 20AdayL, AndersenR, editors. A framework for the study of access to medical care. Development of indices of access to medical care. Ann Arbor: Health Administration Press, 1975: 1–13.
- 21StatCorp. Stata reference manual: release 8.0. College Station: Stata Corporation, 2003.
- 25Heterogeneity within the Asian American community. Int J Equity Health. 2003; 29: 2–12., , .
- 26Factors associated with cervical cancer screening among Filipino women in California. Proceedings to cancer concerns for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. Asian Am Pacific Isl J Health. 1998; 6: 358–367., , , , , .
- 33The Asian population: 2000. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau, 2002., .