Fax: (305) 243-4871
Treatment of local breast carcinoma in Florida†
The role of the distance to radiation therapy facilities
Version of Record online: 28 NOV 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 1, pages 201–207, 1 January 2006
How to Cite
Voti, L., Richardson, L. C., Reis, I. M., Fleming, L. E., MacKinnon, J. and Coebergh, J. W. W. (2006), Treatment of local breast carcinoma in Florida. Cancer, 106: 201–207. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21557
The study protocol was approved by the University of Miami and the University of Florida IRBs and by the Florida Department of Health.
- Issue online: 23 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 28 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 19 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAY 2005
- American Cancer Society, Florida Division. Grant Number: FS-02
- 2Steering Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines for Care and Treatment of Breast Cancer. Clinical practices guidelines for care and treatment of breast cancer. Can Med Assoc J. 1998; 158: S1–83.
- 8The relationship of socio-economic status and access to minimum expected therapy among female breast cancer patients in the National Cancer Institute Black-White Survival Study. Ethn Dis. 1999; 2: 111–125., , , .
- 23HotesJL, WuXC, McLaughlinCC, et al., editors. Cancer in North America, 1996–2000. Volume 1: Incidence. Springfield, IL: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, May 2003.
- 24State of Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. Data catalog and price list, 2004. Tallahassee, FL: State Center for Health Statistics, 2004. Available from URL: http://www.floridahealthstat.com/publications/data_catalog2004-12.pdf [accessed May 10, 2005].
- 25U.S. Census Bureau. U.S. Census 2000 – TIGER/Line® files. Available from URL: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/index.html [accessed May 10, 2005].
- 26ShambaughEM, WeissMA, editors. SEER summary staging manual—1977: codes and coding instructions, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 97-4969. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 1997.
- 27Florida Cancer Data System. FCDS 2001 data acquisition manual. Tallahassee, FL: Florida Cancer Data System, Florida Department of Health, 2001. Available from URL: http://fcds.med.miami.edu/inc/downloads.shtml#dam [accessed May 10, 2005].
- 28ESRI. ArcView 3.2 GIS and Mapping Software, 1995–2004. Redlands, CA: Environmental Research Institute, Inc., 2004.
- 29SAS Institute, Inc. SAS OnlineDoc, 2002–2003. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc., 2003.
- 33The role of teaching hospitals, insurance and race-ethnicity in the management of regional stage breast cancer in Florida. Am J Public Health. In press., , , et al.
- 40Trends in health insurance coverage and access among black, Latino and white Americans, 2001–2003. Center for studying health system change. JL Track Rep. 2004; 11: 1–6..
- 45Applied logistic regression, 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2000., .
- 46Determining the quality of breast cancer care: do tumor registries measure up? Ann Intern Med. 2000; 139: 705–710., .