Fax: (813) 974–5418
Impact of coping skills intervention with family caregivers of hospice patients with cancer
A randomized clinical trial
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 1, pages 214–222, 1 January 2006
How to Cite
McMillan, S. C., Small, B. J., Weitzner, M., Schonwetter, R., Tittle, M., Moody, L. and Haley, W. E. (2006), Impact of coping skills intervention with family caregivers of hospice patients with cancer. Cancer, 106: 214–222. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21567
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAY 2005
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institute for Nursing Research. Grant Number: 1 RO1 CA77307
- 1Family caregiver alliance. Fact sheet: selected caregiver statistics. Available at URL: http://www.caregiver.org/factsheets/selected caregiver statistics.html. [Accessed April 22, 2003.]
- 8Family caregiver burden from cancer care. In: McCorkleR, GrantM, Frank-StromborgM, BairdS, editors. Cancer nursing: a comprehensive textbook. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1996: 93–109., .
- 14The promise of a good death. Lancet. 1998; 351(suppl II): 21–29., .
- 15National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care. Clinical practice guidelines for quality palliative care. Brooklyn, NY: National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care, 2004.
- 16Field, MJ, Cassel, CK, editors. Approaching death: improving care at the end-of-life. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press, 1997.
- 17Hospice and its role in improving end-of-life care. Ann Rev of Gerontol Geriatr. 2000; 20: 193–223., , , .
- 18Helping cancer patients cope: practitioners manual. New York: Guilford, 1982., .
- 20National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. NHPCO facts and figures. Alexandria, Virginia: NHPCO, 2004.
- 28Measurement issues. In: Cancer and the family caregiver: distress and coping. Springfield: Charles C. Thomas, 2002: 76–77., .
- 29The home care guide for advanced cancer. Atlanta: American College of Physicians, 1997., .
- 31Applied longitudinal data analysis: Modeling change and event occurrence. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003., .