Fax: (215) 214-1629
Long-term hormone therapy and radiation is cost-effective for patients with locally advanced prostate carcinoma†
Version of Record online: 1 DEC 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 1, pages 51–57, 1 January 2006
How to Cite
Konski, A., Watkins-Bruner, D., Brereton, H., Feigenberg, S. and Hanks, G. (2006), Long-term hormone therapy and radiation is cost-effective for patients with locally advanced prostate carcinoma. Cancer, 106: 51–57. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21575
Presented at the 86th annual meeting of the American Radium Society, Napa, California, May 1–5, 2004.
- Issue online: 23 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 1 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 5 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 5 JAN 2005
- 2Androgen suppression adjuvant to radiotherapy in carcinoma of the prostate. long-term results of Phase III RTOG study 85-31. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 57(2 Suppl ): S172–S173., , , et al.
- 3Phase III trial of long-term adjuvant androgen deprivation after neoadjuvant hormonal cytoreduction and radiotherapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the prostate: the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Protocol 92-02. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 3972–3978., , , et al.
- 6Phase III trial of androgen suppression adjuvant to definitive radiotherapy. Long term results of RTOG study 85-31 [abstract 1530]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 22: 381., , , et al.
- 10Can biochemical failure (ASTRO definition) be used as a surrogate endpoint for prostate cancer survival in Phase III localized prostate cancer clinical trials? Analysis of RTOG Protocol 92-02 [abstract 1528]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 22: 381., , , , , .
- 12Time preference. In: GoldM, SiegelJE, RussellLB, WeinsteinMC, editors. Cost-effectiveness in health and medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996: 214–235., , .
- 16Estimating survival gain for economic evaluations with survival time as principal endpoint: a cost-effectiveness analysis of adding early hormonal therapy to radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer. Health Econ. 2002; 11: 233–248., , , , .
- 17Androgen deprivation increases late morbidity in prostate cancer patients treated with 3D conformal radiation therapy [abstract]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 57(2 Suppl ): S176., , , .