Fax: (734) 647-9647
Use of the National Cancer Data Base to develop clinical trials accrual targets that are appropriate for minority ethnicity patients
A report from the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group (ACOSOG) Special Populations Committee
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 1, pages 188–195, 1 January 2006
How to Cite
Newman, L. A., Lee, C. T., Parekh, L. P., Stewart, A. K., Thomas, C. R., Beltran, R. A., Lucci, A., Green, B., Ota, D. and Nelson, H. (2006), Use of the National Cancer Data Base to develop clinical trials accrual targets that are appropriate for minority ethnicity patients. Cancer, 106: 188–195. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21592
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAY 2005
- 1Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program (www.seer.cancer.gov) SEER*Stat Database: Mortality—All COD, Public-Use With State, Total U.S. for Expanded Races/Hispanics (1990–2001), National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch, released April 2004. Underlying mortality data provided by NCHS (Available at URL: www.cdc.gov/nchs). 2004.
- 2U.S. Census Bureau. Current population survey, 2002 to 2004 annual social and economic supplements. Washington, DC: U.S. Census Bureau. Available at URL: http://www.census.gov [Accessed 2004].
- 3Poverty:1999. In: U. S. Census Bureau. Census 2000 Brief Series, C2KBR-19. Washington, DC: U.S. Census Bureau, 2003., .
- 4U.S. Census Bureau. Population by race and Hispanic or Latino origin, for all ages and for 18 years and over, for the United States: 2000. Washington, DC: U.S. Census Bureau, published online January 21, 2005. Available at URL: http://www.census.gov
- 6National Institutes of Health. Public Law 103–43, the National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act of 1993. 1993: 103–143.
- 8HarrisInteractive. Misconceptions and lack of awareness greatly reduce recruitment for cancer clinical trials. January 22, 2001;1: Available at URL: http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/newsletters/healthnews/HIHealthCareNews200/Vol1iss3.pdf [accessed November 2005].
- 17American Joint Commission on Cancer. AJCC comparison guide: cancer staging manual fifth versus sixth edition. New York: Springer Verlag, 2004.
- 31U.S. Census Bureau. U.S. Interim projections by age, sex, race, and Hispanic origin. Washington DC: U.S. Census Bureau, published online March 18, 2004. Available at URL: http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/usinterimproj/