Fax: (323) 865-0141
Article first published online: 23 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 5, pages 1162–1168, 1 March 2006
How to Cite
Cockburn, M. G., Zadnick, J. and Deapen, D. (2006), Developing epidemic of melanoma in the hispanic population of California. Cancer, 106: 1162–1168. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21654
The collection of cancer incidence data used in this publication was supported by the California Department of Health Services as part of the statewide cancer reporting program mandated by California Health and Safety Code Section 103885.
The ideas and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and no endorsement by the State of California, Department of Health Services, or Federal Government is intended or should be inferred.
- Issue published online: 17 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 23 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 26 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAY 2005
- National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services. Grant Number: N01-PC-35139
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Grant Number: U55/CCR921930-02
- 1U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000 Summary File 1. Available from http://www.census.gov/
- 2Cancer incidence in five continents. IARC Scientific Publications No. 155, Volume VIII. Lyon, France: IARC, 2002., , , , .
- 5Cancer incidence and mortality in California: trend by race/ethnicity 1988–2001. Sacramento, CA: Department of Health Services, 2004., .
- 6International Classification of Diseases for Oncology (ICD-O), 3rd ed. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2000., , , et al.
- 8World Health Organization. International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1977.
- 9World Health Organization. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1992.
- 10SEER study of methods to classify Hispanic cancer patients (final report: contract N01-CN-05224). Union City, CA: Northern California Cancer Center, 1993., , , .