Fax: (802) 656-8892
Distribution of human papillomavirus types in ThinPrep Papanicolaou tests classified according to the Bethesda 2001 terminology and correlations with patient age and biopsy outcomes
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 5, pages 1054–1064, 1 March 2006
How to Cite
Evans, M. F., Adamson, C. S.-C., Papillo, J. L., St. John, T. L., Leiman, G. and Cooper, K. (2006), Distribution of human papillomavirus types in ThinPrep Papanicolaou tests classified according to the Bethesda 2001 terminology and correlations with patient age and biopsy outcomes. Cancer, 106: 1054–1064. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21664
- Issue online: 17 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 31 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Received: 18 MAY 2005
- Research Development Fund Program of Fletcher Allen Health Care (Burlington, VT)
- 8The Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance/Low-Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions Triage Study (ALTS) Group. Human papillomavirus testing for triage of women with cytologic evidence of low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions: baseline data from a randomized trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 397–402.
- 12Improved detection of human papillomavirus DNA in cervical and breast tissues by hot start, touchdown general primer PCR, and optimized sample DNA concentration [abstract]. Mod Pathol. 2004; 17: 1496A., , .
- 16To triage or not? A multi-institutional study examining prevalence of HPV high-risk types in LSIL cases [abstract 74A]. Mod Pathol. 2005; 18( Suppl 1): 330., , , , .
- 19United States Bureau of the Census. Vermont QuickLinks website. Available at URL: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/50000lk.html [accessed August 2005].
- 21Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance-Low-grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion Triage Study (ALTS) Group. Interobserver reproducibility of cervical cytologic and histologic interpretations: realistic estimates from the ASCUS-LSIL Triage Study. JAMA. 2001; 285: 1500–1505., ,
- 22Utility of Digene HPV triage significantly reduced with Bethesda 2001 ASC-US [abstract 10A]. Acta Cytol. 2003; 47: 841–842., , , , .
- 26IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Human papillomaviruses. IARC monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans. Lyon: IARC, 1995.