Fax: (011) 49 8970954971
Evaluation of complete disease remission in acute myeloid leukemia
A prospective study based on cytomorphology, interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization, and immunophenotyping during follow-up in patients with acute myeloid leukemia
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 4, pages 839–847, 15 February 2006
How to Cite
Bacher, U., Kern, W., Schoch, C., Schnittger, S., Hiddemann, W. and Haferlach, T. (2006), Evaluation of complete disease remission in acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer, 106: 839–847. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21665
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 22 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 26 APR 2005
- 1Pre-treatment cytogenetics predict initial induction success and overall survival in adult patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia: results from CALGB 8461 [abstract 1912]. Blood. 2001; 98: 457A., , , et al.
- 7Early assessment of minimal residual disease by multiparameter flow cytometry identifies patients at high risk of relapse after allogeneic stem cell transplantation following reduced intensity conditioning for advanced acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2003; 102: 481A–482A., , , et al.
- 9Morphologic dysplasia in de novo acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is related to unfavorable cytogenetics but has no independent prognostic relevance under the conditions of intensive induction therapy: results of a multiparameter analysis from the German AML Cooperative Group studies. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 256–265., , , et al.
- 10Early blast clearance by remission induction therapy is a major independent prognostic factor for both achievement of complete remission and long-term outcome in acute myeloid leukemia: data from the German AML Cooperative Group (AMLCG) 1992 Trial. Blood. 2003; 101: 64–70., , , et al.
- 14Atlas of clinical hematology, 6th revised edition. New York: Springer, 2005., .
- 15JaffeE, Lee HarrisN, SteinH, VardimanJW, editors. Tumours of haematopoietic and lymphoid tissues. Lyon: IARC Press, 2001.
- 17MitelmanF, editor. An international system for human cytogenetic nomenclature. Basel, Switzerland: Karger, 1995.
- 21Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with partial tandem duplication of the MLL-gene (MLL-PTD) can be discriminated from MLL-translocations based on specific gene expression profiles. Blood, 2002; 100: 310A–311A., , , et al.
- 22Abnormal cytogenetics at date of morphologic complete remission predicts short overall and disease-free survival and higher relapse rate in adult acute myeloid leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 8461. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 2410–2418., , , et al.
- 25Real-time quantitation of minimal residual disease in inv(16) positive acute myeloid leukemia can predict clinical relapse and identify patients in a curable state [abstract]. Blood. 2000; 96: 312A., , , , , .