Fax: (312) 695-6189
Landmark trials in endocrine adjuvant therapy for breast carcinoma
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 5, pages 975–981, 1 March 2006
How to Cite
Gradishar, W. (2006), Landmark trials in endocrine adjuvant therapy for breast carcinoma. Cancer, 106: 975–981. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21707
- Issue published online: 17 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 6 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Received: 29 JUL 2005
- 4Nolvadex Adjuvant Trial Organisation (NATO). Controlled trial of tamoxifen as adjuvant agent in management of early breast cancer. Interim analysis at four years by Nolvadex Adjuvant Trial Organisation. Lancet. 1983; 1: 257–261.
- 10Clinical Trial Service Unit. Adjuvant tamoxifen: longer against shorter (ATLAS). Protocol. ATLAS Office. Oxford, UK: Clinical Trials Service Unit, Radcliffe Infirmary, April 1995.
- 11Current Trials Working Party of the Cancer Research Campaign Breast Cancer Trials Group. Preliminary results from the Cancer Research Campaign trial evaluating tamoxifen duration in women aged fifty years or older with breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1996; 88: 1834–1839.
- 14ATAC Trialists' group. Impact of adjuvant chemotherapy prior to endocrine therapy: 68 month results from the arimidex, tamoxifen, alone or in combination (ATAC) trial [abstract]. 2005 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23( Suppl 16): 608., on behalf of the
- 15Arimidex package insert. AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, Wilmington, Delaware, 2004.
- 17Letrozole vs. tamoxifen as adjuvant endocrine therapy for postmenopausal women with receptor positive breast cancer, BIG 1-98: a prospective, randomized, double blind, phase III study [abstract]. Breast. 2004; 14: S3.S4..
- 19The intergroup exemestane study: a randomized trial in postmenopausal patients with early breast cancer who remain disease-free after two to three years of tamoxifen-updated survival analysis [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004; 88: S7.3., , , .
- 20Benefits of switching postmenopausal women with hormone-sensitive early breast cancer to anastrozole after 2 years adjuvant tamoxifen; combined results from 3,123 women enrolled in the ABCSG Trial 8 and the ARNO 95 trial [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2004; 88: S7.2., , , et al.
- 22Updated analysis of the NCIC CTG MA.17 randomized placebo (P) controlled trial of letrozole (L) after five years of tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with early stage breast cancer [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22( Suppl 14): 847., , , et al.
- 24ATAC Trialists Group, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom. Analysis of time to recurrence in the ATAC (arimidex, tamoxifen, alone or in combination) trial according to estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor status [abstract]. Presented at the 26th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. December 2003: 4., on behalf of the
- 27Pharmacology of nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors. In: PasqualiniJR, KatzenellenbogenBS, editors. Hormone dependent cancer. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1996: 155–168., , , , , .
- 29St. Gallen Conference Authors. Primary therapy of early breast cancer, 9th International Conference. Breast. 2005; 14: S1–S56.