Dr. Waller is a Scholar of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Maintenance therapy with thalidomide improves overall survival after autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation for multiple myeloma
Article first published online: 5 APR 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 10, pages 2171–2180, 15 May 2006
How to Cite
Brinker, B. T., Waller, E. K., Leong, T., Heffner, Jr., L. T., Redei, I., Langston, A. A. and Lonial, S. (2006), Maintenance therapy with thalidomide improves overall survival after autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation for multiple myeloma. Cancer, 106: 2171–2180. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21852
- Issue published online: 27 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 5 APR 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 21 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Received: 2 AUG 2005
- 1Group MTC. Combination chemotherapy versus melphalan plus prednisone as treatment for multiple myeloma: an overview of 6,333 patients from 27 randomized trials. J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 3832–3842.
- 9Comparison of 200 mg/m2 melphalan and 8 Gy total body irradiation plus 140 mg/m2 melphalan as conditioning regimens for peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: final analysis of the Intergroupe Francophone du Myelome 9502 randomized trial. Blood. 2002; 99: 731–735., , , et al.
- 18Maintenance treatment with thalidomide after autologous transplantation for myeloma: first analysis of a prospective randomized study of the Intergroupe Francophone du Myelome (IFM 99 02) [abstract 538]. Blood. 2004; 104: 155a., , , et al.
- 20A randomized trial comparing the combination of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor versus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for mobilization of dendritic cell subsets in hematopoietic progenitor cell products. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2004; 10: 848–857., , , et al.
- 24High dose chemotherapy without hematopoietic cell support for the treatment of refractory lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2000; 36(5–6): 497–502., , , et al.
- 25Criteria for evaluating disease response and progression in patients with multiple myeloma treated by high-dose therapy and haemopoietic stem cell transplantation. Myeloma Subcommittee of the EBMT. European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplant. Br J Haematol. 1998; 102: 1115–1123., , , et al.
- 32Alpha-interferon maintenance treatment is associated with improved survival after high-dose treatment and autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with multiple myeloma: a retrospective registry study from the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT). Bone Marrow Transplant. 2001; 27: 511–515., , , et al.
- 33Comparable survival in multiple myeloma (MM) with high dose therapy (HDT) employing MEL 140 mg/m2 + TBI 12 Gy autotransplants versus standard dose therapy with VBMCP and no benefit from interferon (IFN) maintenance: results of Intergroup Trial S9321 [abstract 137]. Blood. 2003; 102: 42a., , , et al.