Fax: (011) 613 9656 1408
Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab for the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia or indolent non-hodgkin lymphoma
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 11, pages 2412–2420, 1 June 2006
How to Cite
Tam, C. S., Wolf, M., Prince, H. M., Januszewicz, E. H., Westerman, D., Lin, K. I., Carney, D. and Seymour, J. F. (2006), Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab for the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia or indolent non-hodgkin lymphoma. Cancer, 106: 2412–2420. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21882
- Issue published online: 18 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 5 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Received: 7 NOV 2005
- 1Effect of combined treatment with 4-hydroperoxycyclophosphamide and fludarabine on cytotoxicity and repair of damaged DNA. In: HiddemannW, editor. Acute Leukemias VII: Experimental Approaches and Novel Therapies. Berlin: Springer; 1998: 549–555., , , , , .
- 2DNA repair induced by 4-hydroperxycyclophosphamide permits fludarabine nucleotide incorporation and is associated with synergistic induction of apoptosis in quiescent human lymphocytes. Blood. 1999; 94: 655a. Abstract 2910., .
- 9Rituximab inactivates signal transducer and activation of transcription 3 (STAT3) activity in B-non-Hodgkin's lymphoma through inhibition of the interleukin 10 autocrine/paracrine loop and results in down-regulation of Bcl-2 and sensitization to cytotoxic drugs. Cancer Res. 2001; 61: 5137–5144., .
- 13World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2001.
- 27Stage IV indolent lymphoma: a randomised study of concurrent vs. sequential use of FND (fludarabine, mitoxantrone, dexamethasone) and rituximab (R) monoclonal antibody therapy, with interferon maintenance. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 22: 564. Abstract 2269., , , et al.
- 32Phase II study with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide plus rituximab (FC+R) in relapsed follicular lymphoma patients. Blood. 2002; 100: 572a. Abstract 2246., , , et al.
- 34A randomised phase-II study of fludarabine/cyclophosphamide +- rituximab in patients with untreated mantle-cell lymphoma. Ann Oncol. 2005; 16(Suppl 5): v95. Abstract 198., , , , .
- 38Randomized phase 2 study of fludarabine with concurrent versus sequential treatment with rituximab in symptomatic, untreated patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9712 (CALGB 9712). Blood. 2003; 101: 6–14., , , et al.
- 39The addition of rituximab to a combination of fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, mitoxantrone (FCM) significantly increases the response rate and prolongs survival as compared to FCM alone in patients with relapsed and refractory follicular and mantle cell lymphomas — results of a prospective randomized study of the German Low Grade Lymphoma Study Group (GLSG). Blood. 2004; 104: 3064–3071., , , et al.