Fax: (713) 745-6839
Once daily, oral, outpatient quinolone monotherapy for low-risk cancer patients with fever and neutropenia†
A pilot study of 40 patients based on validated risk-prediction rules
Version of Record online: 20 APR 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 106, Issue 11, pages 2489–2494, 1 June 2006
How to Cite
Rolston, K. V. I., Manzullo, E. F., Elting, L. S., Frisbee-Hume, S. E., McMahon, L., Theriault, R. L., Patel, S. and Benjamin, R. S. (2006), Once daily, oral, outpatient quinolone monotherapy for low-risk cancer patients with fever and neutropenia. Cancer, 106: 2489–2494. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21908
These data were presented in part as abstract 375 at the 41st Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, San Diego, California, October 9-12, 2003.
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 20 APR 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 20 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2005
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- 2Infections in patients with cancer. In: Holland JF, Frei E, editors. Cancer Medicine, 6th ed. Ontario: BC Decker; 2003: 2633–2658., .
- 5Methodology for clinical trials involving patients with cancer who have febrile neutropenia: updated guidelines of the Immunocompromised Host Society/Multinational Association for Supportive Care in Cancer, with emphasis on outpatient studies. Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 35: 1463–1468., , , et al.
- 7The MASCC Risk Index: a multinational scoring system to predict low-risk febrile neutropenic cancer patients. J Clin Oncol. 2000; 8: 3038–3051., , , et al.
- 8Oral treatment and early hospital discharge for low-risk (LR) febrile neutropenic patients (MASCC score ≥ 21) [abstract 43 PPO]. Presented at: 6th International Symposium on Febrile Neutropenia; December 17–19, 2003; Brussels, Belgium., , , et al.
- 17Ambulatory management of febrile episodes in low-risk neutropenic patients [abstract]. Presented at: 35th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy; September 17–20, 1995; San Francisco, CA., , , et al.
- 19NCCN Fever and Neutropenia Panel Members. Fever and neutropenia NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2004; 2: 390–432., , ,
- 23National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. Methods for dilution antimicrobial susceptibility tests for bacteria that grow aerobically. Approved Standard M7–A5. Wayne, PA: National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards; 2002.