See referenced original article on pages 000–000, this issue.
On the threshold of a dream†
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 107, Issue 2, pages 217–220, 15 July 2006
How to Cite
Marks, J. S., Orleans, C. T. and Gerlach, K. K. (2006), On the threshold of a dream. Cancer, 107: 217–220. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21991
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 APR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAR 2006
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation or its Board of Trustees
With steadily declining mortality rates, progress in the 35-year War on Cancer in the U.S. deserves celebration as a tangible and hard-won achievement. The tremendous progress and increasing opportunity outlined in this issue of Cancer by Byers et al. thrust the cancer community and its far-reaching objectives into the middle of the national dialogue on how to fix the health care system so that everyone can benefit from what has been learned.