See referenced original article on pages 000–000, this issue.
On the threshold of a dream†
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 107, Issue 2, pages 217–220, 15 July 2006
How to Cite
Marks, J. S., Orleans, C. T. and Gerlach, K. K. (2006), On the threshold of a dream. Cancer, 107: 217–220. doi: 10.1002/cncr.21991
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 APR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAR 2006
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation or its Board of Trustees
- 2The need for, and value of, a multi-level approach to disease prevention: the case of tobacco control. In: SmedleyBD, SymeSL, editors. Institute of Medicine. Promoting Health: Intervention Strategies from Social and Behavioral Research. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2000: 417–449..
- 6The top priority: building a better system for tobacco cessation counseling. Am J Prev Med. In press., , , , .
- 7Treating tobacco use and dependence: clinical practice guideline. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, 2000., , , et al.
- 9AdamsK, CorriganJM, editors. Institute of Medicine. Priority areas for national action: transforming health care quality. From the quality chasm series. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2003.
- 11Addressing tobacco in managed care: results of the 2002 survey. Prev Chronic Dis. 2004; 1: A04., , , et al.
- 12Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Annual smoking-attributable mortality, years of potential life lost, and productivity losses—United States, 1997-2001. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005; 54: 625–628.
- 13New York City Department of Health. Available at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/pr/pr062-05.shtml Accessed March 24, 2006.
- 17Priorities for improving utilization of clinical preventive services: results. Am J Prev Med. In press., , , , , .
- 19U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 2000 Incidence. Atlanta: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer Institute; 2003.
- 20Illogical cutbacks on cancer. New York Times. March 20, 2006: A23..