Colorectal cancer in U.S. adults younger than 50 years of age, 1998–2001†
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Descriptive Epidemiology of Colorectal Cancer in the United States, 1998–2001, Utilizing Data from the NPCR and SEER Programs
Volume 107, Issue Supplement 5, pages 1153–1161, 1 September 2006
How to Cite
Fairley, T. L., Cardinez, C. J., Martin, J., Alley, L., Friedman, C., Edwards, B. and Jamison, P. (2006), Colorectal cancer in U.S. adults younger than 50 years of age, 1998–2001. Cancer, 107: 1153–1161. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22012
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue online: 21 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAR 2006
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's NPCR
- 1United States Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 2002 Incidence and Mortality. Atlanta, GA: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; 2005.
- 3Cancer Incidence in Five Continents. Vol 7. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1997., , , , .
- 7American Cancer Society. Colorectal Cancer Facts and Figures Special Edition 2005. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2005.
- 9American Cancer Society guidelines for the early detection of cancer: Update of early detection guidelines for prostate, colorectal, and endometrial cancers. Also: Update 2001—Testing for early lung cancer detection. CA Cancer J Clin. 2001; 51: 38–75., , , et al.
- 16Descriptive epidemiology of colorectal cancer in the United States, 1998–2001. Cancer (in press)., , , , .
- 17International Classification of Diseases for Oncology. 3rd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2000., , , et al.
- 18SEER Summary Staging Manual-2000: Codes and Coding Instructions. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2001., , , , .
- 19Surveillance Research Program, National Cancer Institute. SEER*Stat software, version 6.1.4. Available at: www.seer.cancer.gov/seerstat. Accessed February 6, 2006.
- 21Cancer incidence in young adults in Canada: Preliminary results of a cancer surveillance project. Chronic Dis Can. 2002; 23: 58–64., , , .
- 31National Cancer Institute. Cancer family registries website. Available at: http://www.cfr.epi.uci.edu/nci/newoverview.htm. Accessed February 6, 2006.
- 36American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2005. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2005.
- 38World Health Organization,International Agency for Research on Cancer. IARC Handbooks of Cancer Prevention, Vol 6: Weight Control and Physical Activity. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2002.
- 39Colorectal cancer in African Americans. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: 515–523., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 42Association of subsite-specific colorectal cancer incidence rate and stage at diagnosis with county-poverty level. Cancer. (in press)., , , , , .