Geographic variation in the incidence of colorectal cancer in the United States, 1998–2001
Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Descriptive Epidemiology of Colorectal Cancer in the United States, 1998–2001, Utilizing Data from the NPCR and SEER Programs
Volume 107, Issue Supplement 5, pages 1172–1180, 1 September 2006
How to Cite
Lai, S.-M., Zhang, K. B., Uhler, R. J., Harrison, J. N., Clutter, G. G. and Williams, M. A. (2006), Geographic variation in the incidence of colorectal cancer in the United States, 1998–2001. Cancer, 107: 1172–1180. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22014
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue online: 21 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAR 2006
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Program of Cancer Registries
- 1Atlas of cancer mortality in the United States, 1950–94. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office; 1999: 1–29. NIH Publ. No. 99–4564., , , , , .
- 2Progress Review Groups. Conquering colorectal cancer: A blueprint for the future. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2000.
- 14Racial/ethnic differences in screening for colon cancer: Report from the New York Cancer project. Ethn Dis. 2005; 15: 76–83., , , et al.
- 19CDC. U.S. Cancer Statistics: Web-based incidence and mortality reports 1999–2001. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; 2004.
- 20Variation in colorectal cancer incidence among states and metropolitan areas in the United States, 1991–1995, Cancer in North America, 1993–1997. Incidence. Volume One, 2005., , , et al.
- 21RiesLAG, KosaryCL, HankeyBF, MillerBA, CleggL, EdwardBK, eds. SEER cancer statistics review, 1973–1996. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 1999.
- 22Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence—SEER 9 Regs Public-Use, Nov 2004 Sub (1973–2002), National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch, April 2005, based on the November 2004 submission. Available at URL: www.seer.cancer.gov.
- 23CDC. Behavioral risk factor surveillance system survey data. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2001.
- 24WHO. International Classification of Diseases for Oncology, 3rd edn. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2000.
- 25Descriptive epidemiology of colorectal cancer in the United States, 1998–2001. Cancer. 2006; 107,5 suppl( )., , , , .
- 26Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. Summary staging guide for the cancer Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Reporting (SEER) program. Bethesda, MD: National Institute of Health, National Cancer Institute; 1997. NIH Pub. No. 86–2313 (reprinted July 1986).
- 28http://www.census.gov/geo/www/garm.htm. Accessed December 2005.
- 29SUDAAN. Software for the Statistical Analysis of Correlated Data, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- 30Statistical Methods in Cancer Research, Vol 2: The Design and Analysis of Cohort Studies. Lyon: IARC; 1987. IARC Scientific Publications No. 82., .