Fax: (916) 779-2608
Colorectal cancer stage at diagnosis by socioeconomic and urban/rural status in California, 1988–2000†
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Descriptive Epidemiology of Colorectal Cancer in the United States, 1998–2001, Utilizing Data from the NPCR and SEER Programs
Volume 107, Issue Supplement 5, pages 1189–1195, 1 September 2006
How to Cite
Parikh-Patel, A., Bates, J. H. and Campleman, S. (2006), Colorectal cancer stage at diagnosis by socioeconomic and urban/rural status in California, 1988–2000. Cancer, 107: 1189–1195. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22016
The ideas and opinions expressed herein are those of the author(s) and endorsement by the State of California, Department of Health Services, the National Cancer Institute, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or their contractors and subcontractors is not intended nor should be inferred.
- Issue published online: 21 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAR 2006
- California Department of Health Services
- National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program. Grant Numbers: N01-PC-35136, N01-PC-35139, N02-PC-15105
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Program of Cancer Registries. Grant Number: #U55/CCR921930-02
- 1American Cancer Society, California Division and Public Health Institute, California Cancer Registry. California Cancer Facts and Figures. American Cancer Society, California Division, Oakland, CA, 2003.
- 2SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2000. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2003., , , , , , et al.
- 22Cancer Reporting in California: Standards for Automated Reporting. California Cancer Reporting System Standards, Volume II. California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section, Sacramento, CA, December 1997.
- 23Cancer Reporting in California: Data Standards for Regional Registries and California Cancer Registry. California Cancer Reporting System Standards, Volume III. California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section, Sacramento, CA, December 1997.
- 24Cancer Reporting in California: Reporting Procedures for Physicians. California Cancer Reporting System Standards, Volume IV. California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section, Sacramento, CA, January 1998.
- 25Cancer Reporting in California: Abstracting and Coding Procedures for Hospitals. California Cancer Reporting System Standards, Volume I. California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section, Sacramento, CA, June 1997.
- 26International Classification of Diseases for Oncology, 3rd edn. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2000., , , , , .
- 27YoungJLJr, RoffersSD, RiesLAG, FritzAG, HurlbutAA, eds. SEER Summary Staging Manual - 2000: Codes and Coding Instructions. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2001. NIH Pub. No. 01-4969.
- 29Rural Health Research Center. Rural-Urban Commuting Area Codes (RUCAs), 2003. Available at http://www.fammed.washington.edu/wwamirhrc.
- 31Colorectal cancer in North Carolina. Risk factors, screening behaviors, incidence, stage at diagnosis, and mortality. NC Med J. 2001; 62: 298–303..
- 36Rural-urban differences in usual source of care and ambulatory service use: Analyses of national data using Urban Influence Codes. Med Care. 2003; 41( 7 Suppl): III65–III74., .
- 44California State Rural Health Association. An appropriate definition of rural for California, June 2002. Available at http://www.csrha.org.