Fax: (212) 988-0683.
Impact of renal impairment on eligibility for adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with urothelial carcinoma of the bladder
Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 107, Issue 3, pages 506–513, 1 August 2006
How to Cite
Dash, A., Galsky, M. D., Vickers, A. J., Serio, A. M., Koppie, T. M., Dalbagni, G. and Bochner, B. H. (2006), Impact of renal impairment on eligibility for adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. Cancer, 107: 506–513. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22031
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 24 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 11 NOV 2005
- Tina and Richard V. Carolan Foundation
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: T32–82088
- American Foundation of Urologic diseases
- Allbritton Foundation
- 10Bladder cancer including upper tract tumors and urothelial carcinoma of the prostate. National Comprehensive Cancer Network Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology 2006, version 1. Online monograph. Available at URL: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/bladder.pdf Accessed March 18, 2006.
- 11Factors associated with perioperative systemic chemotherapy for bladder cancer: a population based study [Abstract 4701]. 2005 ASCO Annual Meeting., , , et al.
- 15National Cancer Institute. Phase III randomized study of cisplatin and gemcitabine with or without paclitaxel in patients with stage IV transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium. Available at URL: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/EORTC-30987#EntryCriteria_CDR0000068793 Accessed March 18, 2006.
- 16National Cancer Institute. Phase III randomized study of adjuvant doxorubicin and gemcitabine followed by paclitaxel and cisplatin versus adjuvant cisplatin and gemcitabine in patients with completely resected locally advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. Available at URL: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/CALGB-90104#EntryCriteria_CDR0000068554 Accessed March 18, 2006.
- 18K/DOQI clinical practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease: evaluation, classification, and stratification. Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 39(2 Suppl 1 ): S1–266.
- 22Randomized phase III trial of high-dose-intensity methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) chemotherapy and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor versus classic MVAC in advanced urothelial tract tumors: European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Protocol no. 30924. J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 2638–2646., , , et al.
- 29Guidance for industry: pharmacokinetics in patients with impaired renal function—study design, data analysis, and impact on dosing and labeling. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration: Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), 1998.
- 34Phase I/II study of dose-dense sequential chemotherapy in renal impaired patients (pts) with transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium [Abstract 4529]. 2005 ASCO Annual Meeting., , , et al.
- 36Paclitaxel, carboplatin and gemcitabine (PCG) as neoadjuvant therapy in patients with locally advanced transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder [Abstract 4541]. 2004 ASCO Annual Meeting., , , et al.