Fax: (541) 385-6341.
Adolescents and young adults with cancer†
The scope of the problem and criticality of clinical trials
Article first published online: 11 AUG 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Walking Two Worlds—Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology. Proceedings of a Symposium held by the Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario
Volume 107, Issue Supplement 7, pages 1645–1655, 1 October 2006
How to Cite
Bleyer, A., Budd, T. and Montello, M. (2006), Adolescents and young adults with cancer. Cancer, 107: 1645–1655. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22102
Presented at the Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario Symposium “Walking Two Worlds—Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology,” Toronto, Ontario, Canada, November 2003.
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 11 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Received: 8 SEP 2005
- 1Cancer incidence, mortality and survival: Young adults are lagging further behind. 2002. Available at URL: http://www.asco.org/ac/1,1003,_12-002511-00_18-0016-00_19-001907,00.asp (select Slides for additional information)., , , , .
- 2Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence—SEER 13 Regs, Public-Use, Nov 2004 Sub for Expanded Races (1992–2002), National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch, released April 2005, based on the November 2004 submission. Available at URL: www.seer.cancer.gov Accessed November 8, 2005.
- 5Older adolescents and young adults with brain tumors in the United States: Lack of clinical trial participation and of survival prolongation and mortality reduction. Proc Int Symp Pediatr Neuro-Oncol. 2004; 52., , , et al.
- 6Young adults with leukemia in the United States: Lack of clinical trial participation and mortality reduction during the last decade. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2004; 23: 586., , .
- 7The adolescent gap in cancer treatment. J Regist Manage. 1996; 23: 114,115..
- 10Adolescents with cancer are not referred to Utah's pediatric center. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: Abstract 990., .
- 11Cancer survivorship across the life span. Presented at Meet the Expert Session, American Society of Clinical Oncology 2005 Annual Meeting. Available at URL: http://www.asco.org/ac/1,1003,_12-002926-00_18-0038762-00_19-0038763-00_20-001,00.asp; http://media.asco.org/player/default.aspx?LectureID=2&conferenceFolder=VM2005& SessionFolder= MTE02&playtype=windows&mediaURL=/media&ServerName= media.asco.org& SessionTitle=&LectureTitle=Pediatric%20 Survivorship&SpeakerName=Archie%20Bleyer,%20MD Accessed November 9, 2005..
- 17Outcome of adolescents and young adults with ALL: A comparison of Children's Cancer Group (CCG) and Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) regimens. Blood. 2000; 96: 467a (abstract)., , , , , .
- 19Cure rates in Ewing tumor patients aged over 15 years are better in pediatric oncology units. Results of GPOH CESS/EICESS studies. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 22: 816., , .