Creating alliances to improve cancer prevention and detection among urban medically underserved minority groups
The East Harlem Partnership for Cancer Awareness
Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Supplement: The Special Populations Networks: Achievements and Lessons Learned 2000–2005
Volume 107, Issue Supplement 8, pages 2043–2051, 15 October 2006
How to Cite
Jandorf, L., Fatone, A., Borker, P. V., Levin, M., Esmond, W. A., Brenner, B., Butts, G. and Redd, W. H. (2006), Creating alliances to improve cancer prevention and detection among urban medically underserved minority groups. Cancer, 107: 2043–2051. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22153
- Issue online: 3 OCT 2006
- Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 6 APR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 13 JAN 2006
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: U01-CA86107-05
- Department of Defense. Grant Number: EAMV17-01-1-0334
- 1New York State Department of Health. Information for a healthy New York. Available at www.health.state.ny.us (accessed Sept 29, 2005).
- 2US Bureau of the Census. 1990 Census of Population. Social and economic characteristics. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office; 1990.
- 3American Cancer Society. Cancer facts and figures for African Americans, 2003–2004. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2003.
- 4American Cancer Society. Cancer facts and figures for Hispanics/ Latinos, 2003–2005. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2003.
- 5American Cancer Society. Colorectal cancer facts and figures—Special edition, 2005. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2005.
- 6American Cancer Society. Cancer prevention and early detection—Facts and figures 2003. Altanta: American Cancer Society; 2003.
- 7Institute of Medicine. Guidance for the national healthcare disparities report. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2002.
- 20U.S. Department of Education. National adult literacy survey—1992. American Literacy Council. Available at www.americanliteracy.com/literacy_figures.htm (accessed Sept 29, 2005).
- 24Health Education Planning: A Diagnostic Approach. Mountain View, CA: Mayfield; 1980., , , .
- 25Health Promotion Planning: An Educational and Environmental Approach, 2nd edn. Mountain View, CA: Mayfield; 1991.,