Fax: (617) 724-3166
Phase I clinical trial of bortezomib in combination with gemcitabine in patients with advanced solid tumors†
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 107, Issue 10, pages 2482–2489, 15 November 2006
How to Cite
Ryan, D. P., Appleman, L. J., Lynch, T., Supko, J. G., Fidias, P., Clark, J. W., Fishman, M., Zhu, A. X., Enzinger, P. C., Kashala, O., Cusack, J. and Eder, J. P. (2006), Phase I clinical trial of bortezomib in combination with gemcitabine in patients with advanced solid tumors. Cancer, 107: 2482–2489. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22264
Presented in part at the 38th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, May 18–21, 2002, Orlando, FL, at the 39th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, May 31 to June 3, 2003, Chicago, IL, and at the 94th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research, July 11–14, 2003, Washington, DC.
- Issue published online: 8 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 22 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUN 2006
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- 8Proteasome inhibitor-induced apoptosis of B-chronic lymphocytic leukaemia cells involves cytochrome c release and caspase activation, accompanied by formation of an approximately 700 kDa Apaf-1 containing apoptosome complex. Leukemia. 2001; 15: 1388–1397., , , , , .
- 13Proteasome inhibitor PS341 inhibits constitutive NF-kB activation and bypasses the anti-apoptotic bcl-2 signal in human multiple myeloma cells. Blood. 2001; 98: 640a., , , et al.
- 22Update on a phase 2 study of bortezomib in patients with relapsed or refractory indolent or aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22( Suppl 14): 577s., , , et al.
- 23Marked clinical activity of the novel proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in patients with relapsed follicular and mantle cell lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22( Suppl 14): 578s..
- 24Effects of bortezomib (PS-341) on NF-κB activation in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) of advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients: a phase II/pharmacodynamic trial. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2004; 23: 649., , , et al.
- 25Bortezomib ± docetaxel in previously treated patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a phase 2 study. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2005; 23(16S): 629s., , , et al.
- 26Gemzar (gemcitabine HCl) for injection. Full prescribing information available at: http://pi.lilly.com/us/gemzar.pdf 2005.
- 27Decreased resistance to gemcitabine (2′,2′-difluorodeoxycitidine) of cytosine arabinoside-resistant myeloblastic murine and rat leukemia cell lines: role of altered activity and substrate specificity of deoxycytidine kinase. Biochem Pharmacol. 1999; 57: 397–406., , , et al.
- 32Induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis by the proteasome inhibitor PS-341 in Hodgkin's disease cell lines is independent of inhibitor of nuclear factor-κB mutations or activation of the CD30, CD40 and RANK receptors. Clin Cancer Res. 2004; 10: 3207–3215., , , et al.
- 33New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205–216., , , et al.
- 38The proteasome inhibitor, bortezomib, in combination with gemcitabine (Gem) and carboplatin (Carbo) in advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): final results of a phase I California Cancer Consortium study. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2004; 23: 639., , , et al.
- 39A phase IB, open-label, dose-escalation study of bortezomib in combination with gemcitabine (Gem) and cisplatin (Cis) in the first-line treatment of patients with advanced solid tumors: preliminary results of a phase IB study. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2005; 23(16S): 160s., , , et al.