Fax: (713) 794-5579
African-American race is associated with a poorer overall survival rate for breast cancer patients treated with mastectomy and doxorubicin-based chemotherapy†
Article first published online: 23 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 107, Issue 11, pages 2662–2668, 1 December 2006
How to Cite
Woodward, W. A., Huang, E. H., McNeese, M. D., Perkins, G. H., Tucker, S. L., Strom, E. A., Middleton, L., Hahn, K., Hortobagyi, G. N. and Buchholz, T. A. (2006), African-American race is associated with a poorer overall survival rate for breast cancer patients treated with mastectomy and doxorubicin-based chemotherapy. Cancer, 107: 2662–2668. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22281
Presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium annual meeting, San Antonio, TX, December 3ndash;6, 2003.
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 23 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 22 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAY 2006
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Numbers: CA16672, T32CA77050
- Nellie B. Connally Breast Cancer Research Fund
- Arlette and William Colmen Foundation
- Stanford and Joan Alexander Foundation, Houston, Texas
- 1Society AC. American Cancer Society. Cancer facts and figures-2001. Atlanta, 2001.
- 2SEER cancer statistics review. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 1999: 99–2789., , , , , .
- 17Adjuvant chemotherapy with fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide, with or without Bacillus Calmette-Guerin and with or without irradiation in operable breast cancer. A prospective randomized trial. Cancer. 1984; 53: 384–389., , , et al.
- 22Irradiation (XRT) following mastectomy in patients treated with FAC adjuvant therapy-MD Anderson Cancer Center experience. Paper presented at: American Society of Clinical Oncology, 1998., , , et al.
- 27Survivorship analysis for clinical studies. New York: Dekker, 1991., .
- 32Outcome of African Amercans on Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) breast cancer adjuvant therapy trials. Paper presented at: San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2003; San Antonio, TX., , , et al.
- 35Houston's economic and demographic transformations: findings from the expanded 2002 Survey of Houston's Ethnic Communities. Houston: Rice University Press, 2002..
- 362002. Available at http://cohesion.rice.edu/centersandinst/has/index.cfm.. The Houston Area Survey 1982-Present.