Fax: (310) 419-8317
Lay patient navigator program implementation for equal access to cancer care and clinical trials
Essential steps and initial challenges
Article first published online: 31 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 107, Issue 11, pages 2669–2677, 1 December 2006
How to Cite
Steinberg, M. L., Fremont, A., Khan, D. C., Huang, D., Knapp, H., Karaman, D., Forge, N., Andre, K., Chaiken, L. M. and Streeter, O. E. (2006), Lay patient navigator program implementation for equal access to cancer care and clinical trials. Cancer, 107: 2669–2677. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22319
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 31 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 14 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Received: 6 JUN 2006
- Cancer Disparities Research Partnership (CDRP)
- 7Does differential diffusion of innovations contribute to disparities in health care 2003. Final Report. Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Research and Quality. Contract No. 290-00-0012., , , et al.
- 11Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2003., , .
- 13Bad Blood: The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment, New and Expanded Edition. New York: Free Press; 1993..
- 14Report of the Tuskegee Syphilis Study Legacy Committee final report—May 20, 1996 [report on the Internet]. [place unknown]: The Committee; 1996 [cited 1999 April 29]. Available at URL: http://www.med.virginia.edu/hs-library/historical/apology/report.html
- 18Department of Health and Human Services. Patient Navigation Research Program: eliminating barriers to timely delivery of cancer diagnosis and treatment services (PNRP). RFA-CA-05-019. Aug 6, 2004. Available at URL: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/rfa-ca-05-019.html
- 19Claritas.com [homepage on the Internet]. San Diego: Claritas, Inc; 2004 [cited 2005 Sept 21]. Available at URL: http://www.claritas.com/