Fax: (206) 543-3915.
Development of an ovarian cancer symptom index†
Possibilities for earlier detection
Article first published online: 11 DEC 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Cancer Society
Volume 109, Issue 2, pages 221–227, 15 January 2007
How to Cite
Goff, B. A., Mandel, L. S., Drescher, C. W., Urban, N., Gough, S., Schurman, K. M., Patras, J., Mahony, B. S. and Andersen, M. R. (2007), Development of an ovarian cancer symptom index. Cancer, 109: 221–227. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22371
The contents of this article are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer Research or the National Cancer Institute.
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 11 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 4 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Received: 11 SEP 2006
- Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer Research (Seattle, WA)
- National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: P50 CA83636 to N
- Urban (“Pacific Ovarian Cancer Research Consortium: Specialized Program of Research Excellence in Ovarian Cancer.”)
- 2Epithelial ovarian cancer. In: HoskinsWJ, PerezCA, YoungR, BarakatR, et al, eds. Principles and Practice of Gynecologic Oncology. 4th ed, Philadelphia, Pa: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2005: 895–987., , , .
- 3Screening and early diagnosis of ovarian cancer. Womens Health Primary Care. 2005; 8: 262–268., .
- 10Preoperative sensitivity and specificity for early-stage ovarian cancer when combining cancer antigen CA-125II, CA 15-3, CA 72-4, and macrophage colony-stimulating factory using mixtures of multivariate normal distributions. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 4059–4066., , , et al.
- 11Use of proteomic patterns in serum to identify ovarian cancer. Lancet. 2002; 3: 355–366., , , et al.
- 13National Institutes of Health. Consensus Development Conference Statement. Ovarian cancer: screening, treatment and follow-up. Gynecol Oncol. 1994; 55(3 pt 2): S4–S14.
- 14[No authors listed.] American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Committee opinion: routine cancer screening. Int J Gynecol Obstet. 1997; 59: 157–161.
- 15US Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services. 2nd ed. Alexandria, Va: International Medical Publishing; 1996.
- 20Gynecologic malignancies. In: FauciAS, BraunwaldE, IsselbacherKJ, WilsonJD, MartinJB, KasperDL, eds. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 14th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 1998: 605–611..
- 21Tumors of the female reproductive organs. In: TaylorRB, DavidAK, JohnsonTAJr, PhillipsDM, SchergerJE, eds. Family Medicine: Principles and Practice. 5th ed. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag, Inc.; 1998: 916–924., .
- 22American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. 1999 Compendium of Selected Publications. ACOG Educational Bulletin no. 250. Washington DC: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists; 1998: 665–673.