Fax: (205) 934-7094
Impact of HPV testing, HPV vaccine development, and changing screening frequency on national Pap test volume
Projections from the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
Article first published online: 29 JAN 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 111, Issue 1, pages 34–40, 25 February 2007
How to Cite
Eltoum, I. A. and Roberson, J. (2007), Impact of HPV testing, HPV vaccine development, and changing screening frequency on national Pap test volume. Cancer, 111: 34–40. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22487
- Issue published online: 15 FEB 2007
- Article first published online: 29 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 3 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Received: 8 SEP 2006
- 5National Center for Health Statistics. National Health Interview Survey, 2000. Adult sample. Hyattsville, Md: U.S. Department Of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics; 2001.
- 6National Center for Health Statistics. National Health Interview Survey, 2005. Sample adult cancer file. Hyattsville, Md: U.S. Department Of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics; 2006.
- 7Design and estimation for the National Health Interview Survey, 1995-2004. National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat.2(130) 2000., , , .
- 10The big four: analyzing complex sample survey data using SAS, SPSS, STATA, and SUDAAN. In: Proceedings of the Thirty-first Annual SAS Users Group International Conference 2006. SII ed. Cary, NC: SAS Institute; 2006., .
- 11U.S. Census Bureau. Annual projections by single year of age by sex. U.S. Census Bureau; 2005. Available from URL: http://www.census.gov/population/projections/DownldFile3.xls
- 12U.S. Food and Drug Administration. New Device Approval. Digene Hybrid Capture 2 High-Risk HPV DNA test-P890064 S009 A004. Rockville, Md: U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Devices and Radiological Health; 2003.
- 13American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG practice bulletin. Cervical Cytology screening. Number 45, August 2003. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2003; 83: 237–247.
- 22Randomized controlled trial of human papillomavirus testing versus Pap cytology in the primary screening for cervical cancer precursors: design, methods and preliminary accrual results of the Canadian cervical cancer screening trial (CCCaST). Int J Cancer. 2006; 119: 615–623., , , et al.