Fax: (011) 44 (0)1895 520039
Cost-effectiveness analysis of oxaliplatin compared with 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin in adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer in the US†
Article first published online: 30 JAN 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 109, Issue 6, pages 1082–1089, 15 March 2007
How to Cite
Aballéa, S., Chancellor, J. V.M., Raikou, M., Drummond, M. F., Weinstein, M. C., Jourdan, S. and Bridgewater, J. (2007), Cost-effectiveness analysis of oxaliplatin compared with 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin in adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer in the US. Cancer, 109: 1082–1089. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22512
This study was carried out by i3 Innovus under a grant from Sanofi-Aventis. Sanofi-Aventis provided the raw MOSAIC dataset and reviewed article drafts; i3 Innovus carried out all analyses and interpreted data and results independently.
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 30 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 29 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Received: 5 JUL 2006
- 2Oxaliplatin/5FU/LV in the adjuvant treatment of stage II and stage III colon cancer: efficacy results with a median follow-up of 4 years. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23(16S, part I of II): 246S. Abstract 3501., , , et al.
- 5Adjuvant chemotheraphy in patients with resectable stage III colon cancer: lifetime cost-effectiveness and cost-utility analysis. Cancer J. 1998; 11: 39–47., , , , , .
- 7Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. New York: Oxford University Press; 1996., , , .
- 15Adjuvant Colon Cancer Endpoints (ACCENT) Group. Endpoints for Colon Adjuvant Clinical Trials (CACT): recommendations based on individual patient data (IPD) from 20898 patients (pts) and 18 randomized trials. J Clin Oncol (Suppl). 2005; 23(16S Part I of II): 249s. Abstract 3512.,
- 17Oxaliplatin/5FU/LV in the adjuvant treatment of stage II and stage III colon cancer: efficacy results with a median follow-up of 4 years. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23(16S, Part I of II): 246S. Abstract 3501., , , et al.
- 18A phase III trial comparing FULV to FULV + oxaliplatin in stage II or III carcinoma of the colon: results of NSABP Protocol C-07. J Clin Oncol (Meeting Abstracts). 2005; 23: LBA3500., , , et al.
- 19http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/cancer_endpoints/sargent/sld001.htm. Accessed on 15-6-2004, , . 3 Year DFS vs. 5 year OS as an endpoint for adjuvant colon cancer studies: data from randomized trials. Available at URL:
- 20Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence-SEER 17 Regs Public-Use, Nov 2005 Sub (1973–2003 varying). National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch. Available from URL: www.seer.cancer.gov Accessed on 10-10-2006.