Contributions were made by the authors as follows: S.S., conception and design of the study, acquisition, analysis, and interpretation of the data, final approval of the version to be published. L.M., statistical analysis, data collection, interpretation of data, and creation of tables and figures. S.S. and L.M. wrote the article. S.S., S.P., A.B., S.L., F.A., F.M., D.V., L.B., and M.B. participated in the patients' care, data recording, and the interpretation and analysis of data. All authors contributed critically to the drafting of the article and gave final approval to the final draft.
Introduction of rituximab in front-line and salvage therapies has improved outcome of advanced-stage follicular lymphoma patients
Article first published online: 29 MAR 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 109, Issue 10, pages 2077–2082, 15 May 2007
How to Cite
Sacchi, S., Pozzi, S., Marcheselli, L., Bari, A., Luminari, S., Angrilli, F., Merli, F., Vallisa, D., Baldini, L. and Brugiatelli, M. (2007), Introduction of rituximab in front-line and salvage therapies has improved outcome of advanced-stage follicular lymphoma patients. Cancer, 109: 2077–2082. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22649
- Issue published online: 25 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 29 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 18 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 5 DEC 2006
- The Associazione Angela Serra per la Ricerca sul Cancro
- 8Bleomycin, epidoxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone (BACOP) in patients with follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results of a prospective, multicenter study of the Gruppo Italiano Studio Linfomi (GISL). Leuk Lymphoma. 2002; 43: 1795–1801., , , et al.
- 9BACOP/FND first-line treatment of follicular lymphoma. Multicentric study of GISL. Preliminary result. Ann Oncol. 2004; 15( Suppl 2): G17., , , et al.
- 10BACOP/FR front-line treatment of follicular lymphoma. A phase II study of the Gruppo Italiano Studio Linfomi (GISL). J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 18S. Abstract 7571., , , et al.
- 11Efficacy controls and long-term follow-up of patients (pts) treated with FC plus rituximab for relapsed follicular NHL. Blood. 2003; 102. Abstract 4911., , , et al.
- 13Regression models and life tables. J R Stat Soc B. 1972; 34: 187–202..
- 15MabThera (rituximab) plus cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone (CVP) chemotherapy improves survival in previously untreated patients with advanced follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). Blood. 2006; 108. Abstract 481., , et al.
- 16Front-line combined immuno-chemotherapy (R-CHOP) significantly improves the time to treatment failure and overall survival in elderly patients with advanced stage follicular lymphoma — results of a prospective randomized trial of the German Low Grade Lymphoma Study Group (GLSG). Blood. 2006; 108. Abstract 482., , et al.
- 17Addition of rituximab to first-line MCP (mitoxantrone, chlorambucil, prednisolone) chemotherapy prolongs survival in advanced follicular lymphoma — 4 year follow-up results of a phase III trial of the East German Study Group Hematology and Oncology (OSHO#39). Blood. 2006; 108. Abstract 484., , , et al.
- 18Rituximab maintenance improves clinical outcome of relapsed/resistant follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, both in patients with and without rituximab during induction: results of a prospective randomized phase III intergroup trial. Blood. 2006; 108: 3295–3301., , , et al.
- 19The addition of rituximab to a combination of fludarabine, cyclopshasphamide, mitoxantrone (FCM) significantly increases the response rate and prolongs survival as compared with FCM alone in patients with relapsed and refractory follicular and mantle cell lymphomas: results of a prospective randomized study of German-Low Grade Lymphoma Study Group. Blood. 2004; 104: 3064–3071., , , et al.