Fax: (310) 206-5343
The quality of surgical pathology care for men undergoing radical prostatectomy in the U.S.
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 109, Issue 12, pages 2445–2453, 15 June 2007
How to Cite
Miller, D. C., Spencer, B. A., Shah, R. B., Ritchey, J., Stewart, A. K., Gay, E. G., Dunn, R. L., Wei, J. T. and Litwin, M. S. (2007), The quality of surgical pathology care for men undergoing radical prostatectomy in the U.S. Cancer, 109: 2445–2453. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22698
- Issue online: 4 JUN 2007
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 9 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 29 NOV 2006
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Special Study
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: NIH-1-F32 CA123819-01
- American Cancer Society. Grant Number: PF CPHPS-112124
- American Urological Association Research Scholar Program
- Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program Physician Research Training Award. Grant Number: PC040167
- 4Practice protocol for the examination of specimens removed from patients with carcinoma of the prostate gland. A publication of the Cancer Committee, College of American Pathologists. Task Force on the Examination of Specimens Removed From Patients With Prostate Cancer. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1994; 118: 779–783., , .
- 6Institute of Medicine. Assessing the Quality of Cancer Care: An Approach to Measurement in Georgia. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2005.
- 7Prostate Cancer Patient Outcomes and Choice of Providers: Development of an Infrastructure for Quality Assessment. Santa Monica, Calif: RAND; 2000., , , et al.
- 11American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. What is the NCDB? Available at URL: http://www.facs.org/cancer/ncdb/ncdbabout.html Accessed October 30, 2006.
- 13American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Categories of approval. Available at URL: http://www.facs.org/cancer/coc/categories.html#3. Accessed October 30, 2006.
- 14Quality-of-care indicators for early-stage prostate cancer [abstract]. J Urol. 2005; 173(s): 51., , , , , .
- 15Members of the Cancer Committee College of American Pathologists.College of American Pathologists. Prostate gland checklist. Available at URL: http://www.cap.org/apps/docs/cancer_protocols/2005/prostate05_ckw.pdf. Accessed October 30, 2006., , , for
- 19Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Eighth scope of work. Available at URL: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/qualityimprovementorgs/downloads/8thsow.pdf. Accessed January 3, 2007.
- 20Institute of Medicine. Performance Measurement: Accelerating Improvement. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2006.
- 29GreeneFL, PageDL,FlemingID, et al., eds., AJCC Cancer Staging Manual.6th ed. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag; 2002.
- 30American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Cancer program standards. Available at URL: http://www.facs.org/cancer/coc/cocprogramstandards.pdf Accessed October 30, 2006.