The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of their respective agencies.
Reported drop in mammography †
Is this cause for concern?
Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2007
Published 2007 by the American Cancer Society
Volume 109, Issue 12, pages 2405–2409, 15 June 2007
How to Cite
Breen, N., A. Cronin, K., Meissner, H. I., Taplin, S. H., Tangka, F. K., Tiro, J. A. and McNeel, T. S. (2007), Reported drop in mammography . Cancer, 109: 2405–2409. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22723
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue online: 4 JUN 2007
- Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 23 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2007
- 2U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2010. Volume II: Objectives for Improving Health (Part B). 2nd ed. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 2000.
- 5Detroit free press examines declining annual mammography rate. Available online: ; http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=44013. Accessed February 15, 2007..
- 6Iowa Foundation for Medical Care. Mammography rates in Iowa continue to decline. June 15, 2005. Available at URL: http://www.ifmc.org/news/20050615-IA-mammography-rates.html. Accessed September 18, 2006.
- 7Data shows decline in Florida mammography rates. Jacksonville Business Journal. Available online: http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2004/06/14/daily6.html. Accessed February 15, 2007.
- 9Use of mammograms among women aged ≥40 years—United States, 2000–2005. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007; 56: 49–51., , , .
- 10U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services, 3rd ed: periodic updates. Rockville, Md: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2002.
- 11National Research Council. Toward a National Health Care Survey. A Data System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 1992.
- 12National Center for Health Statistics. Design and Estimation for the National Health Interview Survey, 1995–2004. Vital Health Stat.Available online: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_02/sr02_130.pdf. Accessed February 15, 2007., , , .
- 13National Center for Health Statistics. Data file documentation, National Health Interview Survey, 2000 [machine-readable data file and documentation]. Hyattsville, Md: National Center for Health Statistics; 2001.
- 14National Center for Health Statistics. Data File Documentation, National Health Interview Survey, 2005 [machine-readable data file and documentation]. Hyattsville, Md: National Center for Health Statistics; 2006.
- 15Research Triangle Institute. SUDAAN Language Manual. Release 9.0. Research Triangle Park, NC: Research Triangle Institute; 2004.
- 17JoyJE, PenhoetEE, PetittiDB, eds, Committee on New Approaches to Early Detection and Diagnosis of Breast Cancer, Institute of Medicine, and National Research Council. Saving Women's Lives: Strategies for Improving Breast Cancer Detection and Diagnosis. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2005.