Fax: (011) 852-2603 5269
New measure of health-related quality of life for patients with oropharyngeal mucositis
Development and preliminary psychometric evaluation
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 109, Issue 12, pages 2590–2599, 15 June 2007
How to Cite
Cheng, K. K. F., Leung, S. F., Thompson, D. R., Tai, J. W. M., Liang, R. H. S., Kan, A. S. T., Ying, F. W. O. and Yeung, R. M. W. (2007), New measure of health-related quality of life for patients with oropharyngeal mucositis. Cancer, 109: 2590–2599. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22730
- Issue online: 4 JUN 2007
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 16 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Received: 30 NOV 2006
- Health and Health Services Research Fund of the Health, Welfare and Food Bureau of Hong Kong
- 10More than a sore mouth: patients' experience of oral mucositis. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2002; 29: 183–205., , , et al.
- 15Oral mucositis in cancer therapy. J Support Oncol. 2004; 2: 3–8..
- 17Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer/International Society of Oral Oncology. Summary of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for care of patients with oral and gastrointestinal mucositis [2005 update]. Available from URL: http://www.mascc.org/media/Resource_centers/Guidelines_mucositis.doc
- 22Quality of Life: Assessment, Analysis and Interpretation. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 2001., .
- 24Assessing quality of life in patients with head and neck cancer: cross-validation of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life Head and Neck module (QLQ-H&N35). Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2000; 126: 459–467., , , et al.
- 29Health Measurement Scales: A Practical Guide to Their Development and Use. 3rd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2003., .
- 30Instrument review: getting the most from a panel of experts. Appl Nurs Res. 1992; 5: 194–197..
- 31Factor Analysis. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 1983..
- 33Making Sense of Factor Analysis: The Use of Factor Analysis in Health Care Research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 2003., , .
- 34Psychometric Theory. 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1994., .
- 36Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of a test. Psychometrika. 1986; 16: 296–334..
- 37Assessing reliability and precision of measurement: an introduction to intraclass correlation and standard error of measurement. J Sport Rehab. 1993; 2: 35–42., .
- 42A new instrument for measuring anticoagulation-related quality of life: development and preliminary validation. Health Qual Life Outcome. 2004; 2: 1–11., , , et al.