Fax: (011) 39 059 422 3707
Rituximab in combination with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide in the treatment of patients with recurrent follicular lymphoma†
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 110, Issue 1, pages 121–128, 1 July 2007
How to Cite
Sacchi, S., Pozzi, S., Marcheselli, R., Federico, M., Tucci, A., Merli, F., Orsucci, L., Liberati, M., Vallisa, D., Brugiatelli, M. and On behalf of the Italian Lymphoma Study Group (GISL) (2007), Rituximab in combination with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide in the treatment of patients with recurrent follicular lymphoma. Cancer, 110: 121–128. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22740
Preliminary and final results presented at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Dates 2002; San Diego, California, Dates 2003; and Orlando, Florida, Dates, 2006.
- Issue published online: 15 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 14 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Received: 27 DEC 2006
- Associazione Angela Serra per la Ricerca sul Cancro
- 1The Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Classification Project. A clinical evaluation of the International Lymphoma Study Group classification of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Blood 1997; 89: 3909–3918.
- 2Natural history of and therapy for the indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. Semin Oncol. 1993; 9: 669–687..
- 6Fludarabine. An update of its pharmacology and use in the treatment of haematological malignancies. Drugs. 1997; 43: 1005–1037., , .
- 15Rituximab inactivates signal transducer and activation of transcription 3 (STAT3) activity in B-non-Hodgkin's lymphoma through inhibition of the interleukin 10 autocrine/paracrine loop and results in down-regulation of Bcl-2 and sensitization to cytotoxic drugs. Cancer Res. 2001; 61: 5137–5144., .
- 21Common toxicity criteria for cancer clinical trials, version 1.0. In: MacDonaldJS, HallerDG, MayerRJ, editors. Manual of Oncologic Therapeutics. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott; 1995: 445–448..
- 26BACOP/FND first-line treatment of follicular lymphoma. Multicentric study of GISL. Preliminary result. Ann Oncol. 2004; 15( suppl 12): G17., , , et al.
- 27Randomized phase III study of fludarabine phosphate versus cyclophosphamide, vincristine, and prednisone in patients with recurrent low-grade non--Hodgkin's lymphoma previously treated with an alkylating agent or alkylator-containing regimen. J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 4649–4654., , , et al.
- 30Frontline therapy with rituximab added to the combination of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) significantly improves the outcome for patients with advanced-stage follicular lymphoma compared with therapy with CHOP alone: results of a prospective randomized study of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study Group. Blood. 2005; 106: 3725–3732., , , et al.
- 31Rituximab maintenance improves clinical outcome of relapsed/resistant follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, both in patients with and without rituximab during induction: results of a prospective randomized phase III intergroup trial. Blood. 2006; 108: 3295–3301. Epub 2006 Jul 27.., , , et al.
- 32The addition of rituximab to a combination of fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, mitoxantrone (FCM) significantly increases the response rate and prolongs survival as compared with FCM alone in patients with relapsed and refractory follicular and mantle cell lymphomas: results of a prospective randomized study of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study Group. Blood. 2004; 104: 3064–3071., , , et al.
- 33Stage IV indolent lymphoma: a randomized study of concurrent vs. sequential use of FND (Fludarabine, Mitoxantrone, Dexamethasone) chemotherapy and rituximab monoclonal antibody therapy, with interferon maintenance. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 22: 564. Abstract 2269., , , et al.
- 34Result of a prospective randomised open label phase III study comparing rituximab plus mitoxantrone, chlorambucile, prednisolone chemotherapy (R-MCP) versus MCP alone in untreated advanced indolent non-Hodgkin'' lymphoma (NHL) and mantle-cell-lymphoma (MCL). Blood. 2004; 104: 169a. Abstract 584., , , et al.