Fax: (011) 7-812-5968947.
Phase 2 randomized trial of primary endocrine therapy versus chemotherapy in postmenopausal patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer
Article first published online: 30 MAY 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 110, Issue 2, pages 244–254, 15 July 2007
How to Cite
Semiglazov, V. F., Semiglazov, V. V., Dashyan, G. A., Ziltsova, E. K., Ivanov, V. G., Bozhok, A. A., Melnikova, O. A., Paltuev, R. M., Kletzel, A. and Berstein, L. M. (2007), Phase 2 randomized trial of primary endocrine therapy versus chemotherapy in postmenopausal patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. Cancer, 110: 244–254. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22789
- Issue published online: 29 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 30 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 16 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 25 JAN 2007
- Elaboration of Fundamental and Clinico experimental Foundation of Prevention
- Early Detection, and Effective Treatment of Malignant Tumors
- Federal Agency of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation. Grant Number: 06/1030 of 12.07.06
- 13Pharmacology of non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors. In: PasqualiniJ, KatzenellenbogenB, eds. Hormone-dependent cancer. New York: Marcel Dekker; 1996: 155–168., , , , , .
- 15Prospective randomized trial of tamoxifen vs surgery in elderly patients with breast cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 1994; 20: 207–214., , , et al.
- 22Common terminology criteria for adverse events v3.0 (CTCAE). National Cancer Institute. March 31, 2003. Available at: http://ctep.cancer.gov/forms/CTCAEv3.pdf (accessed March 17, 2007).
- 23The Design and Analysis of Clinical Experiments. New York: John Wiley; 1986..
- 25Adjuvant endocrine therapies for postmenopausal women: standards and not [abstract]. Breast. 2005; 14( suppl 1): S9. Abstract S24..
- 31Neoadjuvant endocrine therapy of postmenopausal breast cancer patients. Paper presented at: 14th International Congress on Anti-Cancer Treatment; February 1–4, 2003; Paris, France., , .
- 322005; 23(16S): 530., , , et al. Exemestane (E) vs tamoxifen (T) as neoadjuvant endocrine therapy for postmenopausal women with ER+ breast cancer (T2N1–2, T3N0–1, T4N0M0) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2005 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings [Post-Meeting Edition].
- 33Phase IIb study of neoadjuvant exemestane (EXE) in locally advanced breast cancer [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2001; 20. Abstract 1908., , .
- 34Exemestane as neoadjuvant treatment in patients > 65 years with T > 3cm; preliminary results of a multicenter Spanish phase II trial [abstract]. Paper presented at: San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 11–14, 2002; San Antonio, Tex., , , et al.
- 35Phase II study to define safety and efficacy of exemestane as preoperative therapy for postmenopausal patients with primary breast cancer-final results of the German Neoadjuvant Aromasin Initiative (GENARI) [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2003; 82: S55., , , .
- 37Exemestane combined with epirubicin, Q1w X (8–12), as preoperative chemoendocrine treatment for patients with primary breast cancer: a phase I study [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2001; 20:Abstract 1819., , , , .
- 38Phase II study of neo-adjuvant exemestane in postmenopausal patients with operable breast cancer [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2003; 82: S106., , , et al.
- 39New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205–216., , , et al.
- 43Endocrine treatment beyond 5 years [abstract]. Breast. 2005; 14( suppl 1): S3..
- 44Phase III study of letrozole versus tamoxifen as first-line therapy of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women: analysis of survival and update of efficacy from the International Letrozole Breast Cancer Group. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 2101–2109., , , et al.
- 46First line hormonal treatment (HT) for metastatic breast cancer (MBC) with exemestane (E) or tamoxifen (T) in postmenopausal patients (pts): a randomized phase III trial of the EORTC Breast Group. J Clin Oncol. 2004 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings (Post-Meeting Edition). Vol 22, No 14S (July 15 Supplement), 2004: 515., , , et al.
- 47Anastrozole alone or in combination with tamoxifen versus tamoxifen alone for adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with early-stage breast cancer: results of the ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination) trial efficacy and safety update analyses. Cancer. 2003; 98: 1802–1810., , , et al.