The first two authors contributed equally to this article.
Gemcitabine-based combinations for inoperable pancreatic cancer: Have we made real progress?
A meta-analysis of 20 phase 3 trials
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 110, Issue 3, pages 525–533, 1 August 2007
How to Cite
Bria, E., Milella, M., Gelibter, A., Cuppone, F., Pino, M. S., Ruggeri, E. M., Carlini, P., Nisticò, C., Terzoli, E., Cognetti, F. and Giannarelli, D. (2007), Gemcitabine-based combinations for inoperable pancreatic cancer: Have we made real progress?. Cancer, 110: 525–533. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22809
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2007
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 APR 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 2 APR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2006
- The Italian Ministry of Health and the Italian Association for Cancer Research
- 4Phase III randomised comparison of gemcitabine (GEM) versus gemcitabine plus capecitabine (GEM-CAP) in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. [abstract]. Eur J Cancer Suppl. 2005; 3: 12. Abstract PS11., , , et al.
- 6Comparison of gemcitabine versus the matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor BAY 12-9566 in patients with advanced or metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas: a phase III trial of the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 3296–3302., , , et al.
- 9G17DT+gemcitabine [Gem] versus placebo+Gem in untreated subjects with locally advanced, recurrent, or metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas: results of a randomized, double-blind, multinational, multicenter study. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23(pt 1 of 2): 16S. Abstract 4012., , , et al.
- 13Survival Analysis: A Practical Approach. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 1995., .
- 15Gemcitabine alone or with cisplatin for the treatment of patients with locally advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic carcinoma: a prospective, randomized phase III study of the Gruppo Oncologia dell'Italia Meridionale. Cancer. 2002; 94: 902–910., , , et al.
- 18A prospective randomized trial of gemcitabine alone or gemcitabine + cisplatin in the treatment of metastatic pancreatic cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 14S. Abstract 4144., .
- 19Gemcitabine (G) or gemcitabine plus cisplatin (GC) as first-line treatment in Chinese patients (pts) with locally advanced (LAPC) and metastatic pancreatic cancer (MPC): a multicenter, randomized, study. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2002; 21. Abstract 616., , , et al.
- 21Gemcitabine (G) plus Capecitabine (C) versus G alone in locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer. A randomized phase III study of the Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (SAKK) and the Central European Cooperative OncologyGroup (CECOG). Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 310s. Abstract LBA4010., , , et al.
- 22Randomized controlled trial of gemcitabine in combination with UFT versus gemcitabine alone in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 14S. Abstract 4131..
- 23A randomised, prospective, multicenter, phase III trial of gemcitabine, 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), folinic acid vs gemcitabine alone in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23( suppl 16): 1092. Abstract 4009., , , et al.
- 30Meta-analysis of randomized trials: evaluation of benefit from combination chemotherapy applied in advanced pancreatic cancer. Ann Oncol. 2006; 17( suppl 9): ix308. Abstract 10730., , , .
- 33Current status of targeted agents in advanced pancreatic cancer (APC): a pooled analysis of 2,361 patients (pts) enrolled in six phase III trials. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24; 18S. Abstract 4126., , , et al.
- 38Phase III trial of gemcitabine (30-minute infusion) versus gemcitabine (fixed-dose-rate infusion [FDR]) versus gemcitabine + oxaliplatin (GEMOX) in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer (E6201). Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 180S. Abstract LBA4004., , , et al.